How can I get rid of flat warts myself? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I've got flat warts on my hand that are the colour of my skin. I've had them for many years and they won't go away, I hate them. It's probably hpv, no idea who I could have caught it from. It wasn't caught sexually as I'm a virgin and have never been in any kind of relationship. Anyway I want to be rid of these warts, I've tried antibacterial creams and wart cream but they don't work, the wart cream made the area red/darker and it was painful. Is there any natural way of getting rid of them by myself? I don't no why I have them no one else I know had them so why do I have them? I shouldn't still have them. According to google warts can naturally disappear over time or through treatment but it's been years and I still have them. If they weren't flat then I could pop them but they are too flat. I'm stuck with them for life if I can't find a way. Has anyone had this problem? How'd you treat it?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
DrawTheLine
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've got flat warts on my hand that are the colour of my skin. I've had them for many years and they won't go away, I hate them. It's probably hpv, no idea who I could have caught it from. It wasn't caught sexually as I'm a virgin and have never been in any kind of relationship. Anyway I want to be rid of these warts, I've tried antibacterial creams and wart cream but they don't work, the wart cream made the area red/darker and it was painful. Is there any natural way of getting rid of them by myself? I don't no why I have them no one else I know had them so why do I have them? I shouldn't still have them. According to google warts can naturally disappear over time or through treatment but it's been years and I still have them. If they weren't flat then I could pop them but they are too flat. I'm stuck with them for life if I can't find a way. Has anyone had this problem? How'd you treat it?
Moved to health

I recommend speaking to a pharmacist or your GP for advice
Apachecow
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Can you take a picture?

The self freeze kits work fine, but you need a number of freeze/thaw cycles. I would do each wart 3 or 4 times. It will go red, scabby and sore - that is supposed to happen. You are basically killing the infected cells and they should replace with normal skin. It can sometimes be enough to stimulate the immune system to get rid of others,
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Apachecow)
Can you take a picture?

The self freeze kits work fine, but you need a number of freeze/thaw cycles. I would do each wart 3 or 4 times. It will go red, scabby and sore - that is supposed to happen. You are basically killing the infected cells and they should replace with normal skin. It can sometimes be enough to stimulate the immune system to get rid of others,
You're supposed to stop using it if it gets red/painful because it's not supposed to happen. It says in the instructions. If it gets red/painful then it's an allergic reaction which is what I had so I stopped using it.
Apachecow
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm talking about the freeze kits that kill the wart by freezing
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
I had one and self-freeze kits didn't work. Went to see my GP and he treated it with a 'proper' freezing kit, which got rid of it first time.
MidgetFever
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are they in a sensitive area? Because I've heard they can be burnt/frozen off.
Anonymous #1
I'm talking about the freeze kits that kill the wart by freezing
Oh, I don't think I've tried a freeze kit. All I saw was gels and creams. Do you have to get it from the counter or can you just pick it up from a drug store like boots?
Apachecow
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
They have them on Amazon/ebay
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MidgetFever)
Are they in a sensitive area? Because I've heard they can be burnt/frozen off.
On one hand they are on the palm and the other hand they're on the bottom of my hand.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I had one and self-freeze kits didn't work. Went to see my GP and he treated it with a 'proper' freezing kit, which got rid of it first time.
I don't want to see my gp, it just gives me anxiety. I want to try and get rid of them myself, I'll only go to my gp as a last resort.
Daniaalsaraf
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Try taking ‘thuja’ tablets, you can buy them from drug stores and chemists I believe. For it to work you must take them religiously otherwise there is no point and over time they should disappear, it has worked for me in the past. It literally only a works if you keep taking them though.
Anonymous #1
I don't want to risk buying something like that online, it may do more harm than good when knowing nothing about the product.
Apachecow
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Go and buy the same one for more money in Boots then. It's your life. *shrug*
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (48)
5.85%
Fairly positive (263)
32.07%
Just another year... (323)
39.39%
Is it 2020 yet? (186)
22.68%

Watched Threads