Postgraduate application Watch

Peterpidia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello everyone. I'm Osaigbovo Peter from Nigeria. I've been offered admission to pursue van MSc in sustainable Aquaculture. I'm currently considering PG accommodation options.

Please, I'd love to get your comments on this. I'm a private person who's also comfortable with interacting with people. While I will prefer to have my own kitchen, I don't mind sharing with others. I'm looking at accommodation options that are modern, fun and affordable. Recommendations are welcome. Thank you.
threeportdrift
  • Careers Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Peterpidia)
Hello everyone. I'm Osaigbovo Peter from Nigeria. I've been offered admission to pursue van MSc in sustainable Aquaculture. I'm currently considering PG accommodation options.

Please, I'd love to get your comments on this. I'm a private person who's also comfortable with interacting with people. While I will prefer to have my own kitchen, I don't mind sharing with others. I'm looking at accommodation options that are modern, fun and affordable. Recommendations are welcome. Thank you.
Which University?
How much money do you have?

It's highly unlikely you will find an university accommodation for students that has its own kitchen per room. Most accommodation is in catered halls, or in self-catered halls where the kitchen is shared between a number of rooms.

Halls are as fun as you make them - buildings have no sense of humour or fun - and the people in them change by about 30% every single year.
mnot
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
Which University?
How much money do you have?

It's highly unlikely you will find an university accommodation for students that has its own kitchen per room. Most accommodation is in catered halls, or in self-catered halls where the kitchen is shared between a number of rooms.

Halls are as fun as you make them - buildings have no sense of humour or fun - and the people in them change by about 30% every single year.
I think most Unis do provide uni halls with your own kitchen per person, there normally called a 'studio'. However the number of rooms is more limited, hence apply early if you want one.

Post-grad halls is very different, doesnt have the same culture or atmosphere as undergrad halls have.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (179)
22.83%
The paper was reasonable (366)
46.68%
Not feeling great about that exam... (146)
18.62%
It was TERRIBLE (93)
11.86%

Watched Threads