CIE A level choice help Watch

ANO-NI-MUS
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm definitely taking math and economics but I need another subject. It will either by psychology or sociology. I'm not completely sure yet but i want to do either economics or maybe anthropology at uni. For the moment however, my dream choice would either be econ,pol sci and int studies at Warwick or the Econ and Politics at LSE. But I've started reading about other options and anthropology seems interesting. Don't bother saying anything about FPM (this CIE so further math is actually further pure math in cie for some reason). I've spoken to my school guidance counsellor. For my particular uni options, especially the one at LSE, FPM, math and eco is less competitive than math, eco and something else (read it up maybe). Plus I'm not too fond of math.
I'm quite confident with my IGCSEs (7A*s and 1D).
PS as a bonus question that 1D is in art and i have A* in both math and econ at IGCSE so I'm hoping the unis wouldn't care too much about my art IGCSE score.
novaswofter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Why don't you want to do further maths?
ANO-NI-MUS
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by novaswofter)
Why don't you want to do further maths?
I already mentioned it before. Partly I don't like math that much to take fpm (I did however thankfully get an A* in it. Plus for the Econ and politics course at LSE, it's stated that that course focuses on economics as a liberal arts and humanities subject rather than a science. It's also stated that math, fpm and Econ would be considered less competitive than say math, Econ and socio/psych/history etc. gir that particular course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 20 May '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How has 2019 been so far?