China calls Canada a 'white supremacist foreign enemy' Watch

AngeryPenguin
Badges: 17
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
This article in particular is relatively old, however the spat between China and Canada is still ongoing.

Since both the UK and Canada are currently mulling whether to allow Huwaei to build our 5G mobile phone networks - with questions over China's control over important infrastructure.

It seems a bit odd to allow someone who considers you an enemy to run your infrastructure.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...aying-about-us
Themysticalegg
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
All I smell is money, money and more money as I'm sure Huawei have really competitive prices compared to their rivals.
Canada doesn't seem to be making a lot of friends in Asia at the moment and by Huawei's argument they are free from government intervention. China is also the 2nd biggest export market for Canada so I'm sure they don't want to damage their relations too much.. :rofl:

Duterte wasn't happy when Canada sent their waste to the Philippines this spat has been going on for many years.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-waste-dispute

“I will declare war against them. I will advise Canada that your garbage is on the way. Prepare a grand reception. Eat it if you want to,” Duterte said in a televised meeting with local officials late on Tuesday. “Your garbage is coming home.” (Joking manner still funny)
Last edited by Themysticalegg; 3 weeks ago
HucktheForde
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
********. Those are not official positions. Those are the tabloid media. sort of like the daily mail and the sun in the UK.

who gives a **** about tabloids?
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by HucktheForde)
********. Those are not official positions. Those are the tabloid media. sort of like the daily mail and the sun in the UK.

who gives a **** about tabloids?
Except when you consider that Chinese media is tightly controlled by the state it is bound to bear a relative relation to their actual position. Either way, it would be foolish to simply dismiss there views completely.
It is undeniable that China is seriously pissed at Canada and Canada has shot itself in the foot by playing lackey to Trump in his petulant trade war. As far as this goes the bigger they are the harder they kick your ass, a rather unofrtunate state of affairs for the our maple syrup loving northern cousins.
Palmyra
Report 3 weeks ago
China should stop holding back and tell us how they really feel.
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Presumably we're OK buying everything else that's made in China... including pretty much all electronics in pretty much everything, probably including the computer that you're using right now... and the computers in GCHQ & MI5... but for unspecified reasons mobile phone base stations are beyond the pale.
Jushine
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Don't worry so long as Trudeau says diversity is strength, and refugees welcome all the dumb liberals will vote for him

Truth is look who is the people surroundings him their foreign minister is no different to Trumps Bolton or Pompeo and they reckon she might take his place!
Last edited by Jushine; 3 weeks ago
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-48104607

China is pissedddd
Tempest II
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Joinedup)
Presumably we're OK buying everything else that's made in China... including pretty much all electronics in pretty much everything, probably including the computer that you're using right now... and the computers in GCHQ & MI5... but for unspecified reasons mobile phone base stations are beyond the pale.
Supply chain "attacks" are well known about. Classified computer systems are either not made in China or are thoroughly examined before use.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...na-hack-story/

There's been fears over the attacks for years too but, as far as I'm aware, there's no proof China has successfully pulled off a supply chain attack (yet).
Baron of Sealand
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Then perhaps China should stop its nationals from fleeing to Canada all the time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (492)
31.04%
The paper was reasonable (610)
38.49%
Not feeling great about that exam... (258)
16.28%
It was TERRIBLE (225)
14.2%

Watched Threads