why is britain so depressed Watch

captinkittypizza
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
in british from England actually and Britain is so depressed because of brexit and all the nonsense about it the whether dosent help and there are a lot of people who are gay and while most of Britain souport the lgbt group a lot don't
username4454836
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
:erm:
Lannister043
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
It's the weather!!
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
what a weird post.

We are not depressed about the weather - its actually better then its been in the past thanks to global warming.

Brexit is a factor definitely, we are lacking in hope/optimism at the moment, and brexit contributes to this.
Your last bit about LGBT stuff is just weird and not relevant. The UK on the whole is incredibly accepting and friendly towards LGBT people, and given that they are only a small percentage, even if they were all unhappy and treated badly (which they are not) it wouldn't shift overal national happiness to much.

Why are we getting more and more unhappy? Mainly because we have forgotten the key things that made us happy - one of the largest being our family and our community. Countless studies show that being surrounded by people you love, both in your family and in your local area impoves happiness and wellbeing drastically.

So knowing this, what are we doing? We are on average living further away from our family then ever.. we are interacting less with our local communities then ever.. we are marrying less.. having less children.. etc. etc.

The proven joys of family and community have been replaced by career and possession, and generation by generation we are finding out that for the vast majority of people, their careers and the things they own are not enough to give them a fullfilled, meaningful and happy life.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I think society has changed. The Tories have cut just about everything that was good in society. Little things like cutting the grass on road verges and libraries have gone. And with that, companies have also tightened their belts and expect more from their staff which just ups the pressure. Meanwhile, the employers and rich get richer and richer. Imbalanced society = unhappy society
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Are we?
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
the advertising industry makes people envious. they give constant messages that you must have the latest car, the hottest chick, the most money, the most exotic holiday. 99.9% of people are unable to access that fantasy lifestyle with their low incomes, so quickly feel bitter and resentful.
that is why Brexit is so popular; it gives life's losers the chance to spit in the face of the successful ones.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (55)
24.55%
My career doesn't need one (30)
13.39%
I'm sick of studying (45)
20.09%
I can't find a course I want to do (6)
2.68%
I don't know enough about them (16)
7.14%