The Student Room Group

Am I overreacting?

The other day I got chased by a dog while I was running... it jumped up on me and I was scared it was going to bite me. I told my boyfriend afterwards and he started laughing about it, he found it hilarious. I was genuinely very scared at the time particularly as I have a slight phobia of animals and don't have much experience with them.

I just feel sometimes he can be very insensitive. I wanted to share this with him in the hopes he'd make me feel better but actually he did the complete opposite.

Am I right to feel this way?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
The other day I got chased by a dog while I was running... it jumped up on me and I was scared it was going to bite me. I told my boyfriend afterwards and he started laughing about it, he found it hilarious. I was genuinely very scared at the time particularly as I have a slight phobia of animals and don't have much experience with them.

I just feel sometimes he can be very insensitive. I wanted to share this with him in the hopes he'd make me feel better but actually he did the complete opposite.

Am I right to feel this way?

No. You just forgot your sense of humour! And dealing with a slight phobia would not be that hard for you would it? He treats you well otherwise, right?
Reply 2
bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending