The Student Room Group

Boyfriend wants to meet ex

So I found out my boyfriend was planning on meeting his ex for a drink (behind my back). This is an ex he was with together for 4 years and only broke up with a year ago. Even after they broke up he has continued to lead her on and even was still speaking to her when we first started dating. This ex is obsessed with him. She’s followed me on all social media, even though I don’t know her, always try’s messaging him, shows up everywhere he is, goes out of her way to stay in contact with his mates etc. She makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable and I’ve said this many of times. He eventually blocked her but now wants to unblock her and meet up with her for a catch up. To me it just feels like he likes the attention of her being obsessed with him and is scared she will go off him. He’s always described her to me as this ‘crazy ez’ But now he’s suddenly trying to argue she’s a friend and she’s moved on.
How would you feel about this? I’ve basically said if you want to meet her that’s absolutely fine but I’m not sure I want to be with you. I know that may sound dramatic and insercure but at the end of the day I don’t feel comfortable with the situation and therefore don’t want to be involved with it. He’s now said he won’t to do it.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So I found out my boyfriend was planning on meeting his ex for a drink (behind my back). This is an ex he was with together for 4 years and only broke up with a year ago. Even after they broke up he has continued to lead her on and even was still speaking to her when we first started dating. This ex is obsessed with him. She’s followed me on all social media, even though I don’t know her, always try’s messaging him, shows up everywhere he is, goes out of her way to stay in contact with his mates etc. She makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable and I’ve said this many of times. He eventually blocked her but now wants to unblock her and meet up with her for a catch up. To me it just feels like he likes the attention of her being obsessed with him and is scared she will go off him. He’s always described her to me as this ‘crazy ez’ But now he’s suddenly trying to argue she’s a friend and she’s moved on.
How would you feel about this? I’ve basically said if you want to meet her that’s absolutely fine but I’m not sure I want to be with you. I know that may sound dramatic and insercure but at the end of the day I don’t feel comfortable with the situation and therefore don’t want to be involved with it. He’s now said he won’t to do it.

You should really dump him. He's not trustworthy. But at least you should be checking to see if he is still trying to deceive you. But he is is disrespectful about you and deserves dumping.
Is this you, @batter mix?
Original post by Notoriety
Is this you, @batter mix?

Me? In a relationship for 4 years? LOL

I could be termed as a crazy ex though :holmes:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending