The Student Room Group

WJEC A2 Sociology unit 4 help

My teacher has somewhat put off teaching unit 4 and we're not even half way through the unit even though the course is due to finish in like two weeks :/ I really have no idea what I'm supposed to be studying for the 40 mark essay (besides the obvious theories like Marxism, Weberian theory, and Functionalism), so if anyone could make a list of all the possible essay questions that could come up I'd greatly appreciate it
2017- Functionalism and Weber came up 2018- Marxist and Feminist Only theories left on the spec are New Right, Postmodernism and Neo-Marxism
Reply 2
Wait so do you think functionalism won't come up again? Omg I'm so screwed. My sociology teacher said functionalism would for sure come up again. Do you have any predictions for the 20 marker?
Wjec are so unpredictable so I have no idea to be 100% but I feel like it could
For 20 marker they have all come up besides age inequality so again any other ones could come up again
Reply 4
Original post by esmehubback
Wjec are so unpredictable so I have no idea to be 100% but I feel like it could
For 20 marker they have all come up besides age inequality so again any other ones could come up again

I just emailed him and he thinks it's going to be functionalism and new right, and age for the 20 marker. He predicted the 40 and 10 marker for the crime and deviance right so I'm hoping he's right on this one but not going to bet on it , since like you said wjec is super unpredictable :/ good luck for tomorrow
Lets hope those come up that would be a great paper, good luck also you can do this !!
Reply 6
Original post by esmehubback
Lets hope those come up that would be a great paper, good luck also you can do this !!

Okay that was literally one of my worst exams ever. The research methods and 20 marker was fine but I flopped the essay, it was so bad. I think i genuienly got 5/40 for essay. Hope it went better for you haha

Quick Reply

Latest