The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Studying medicine in london?

Hey guys Im a bit stuck on choosing which medical school to firm. Luckily, i received both offers from Kings College London and Queens Belfast.

I live in NI but I will be staying in halls the first year if I choose Queens just to experience the social life within the first year, and its also easy to make friends. Because I live in NI that also means my tuition fee is half of that in kcl and belfast is a much cheaper place to live in compared to london.

However, Id really love to study in London but the expenses are holding me back but kcl also has a better reputation compared to queens belfast. In kings, i would have to share flats from 2nd year on and would definitely have to be wise when spending money. I dont really come from a well off family so they would have to send me money monthly aswell as me having to work every summer holidays.

I dont mind the teaching style for both i.e i have no preference but i just think that London has more opportunities for me, itll also give me a bit of independence aswell as freedom as my parents are quite restrictive and strict.

Would love to hear advice from you guys. Thanks very much!

Quick Reply

Latest