Where to do my Psychology Masters

Watch this thread
Saf1997
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello,

I'm a final year Psychology undergrad student and I've had offers from Cardiff University to study MSc Children's Psychological Disorders and Bristol University to study MSc Applied Neuropsychology... but I really can't decide which to choose.

I'm hoping to apply for DClinPsych in the future so I want to do whichever course is going to put me in the best position for getting a place.

I know Bristol is a more prestigious uni, but Cardiff is really well know for its psychology department and offers the DClinPsych training programme. I've added a link to both course pages below. Any advice would be much appreciated!

https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/post...-disorders-msc
https://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/post...uropsychology/
Nerol
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
I think either would be useful! I'm in a similar position, about to finish my bachelor degree and want to go on to a DClinPsy in the future. I have accepted a place at Manchester Met on the MSc Psychological Wellbeing in Clinical Practice, as it involves aspects of psychotherapy as well as psychology and includes a placement-based research project.

If you have a good, BPS accredited bachelor degree, I think experience working in a clinical setting is more important than further academic study, so probably a course offering practical clinical and research experience would be best.
linctavia
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Hey! I finished my psychology undergraduate course too and I’ve been accepted in Cardiff uni for MSc Children’s psychological disorders too. I’m hoping for a DPsy too but the counseling version.

I think it’s a really good choice and will really help you.

You can message me if you want!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (171)
41.11%
The paper was reasonable (188)
45.19%
Not feeling great about that exam... (36)
8.65%
It was TERRIBLE (21)
5.05%

Watched Threads