My girlfriend found out i did drugs again Watch

BlankPagee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
A few weeks ago i did MDMA for the second time without my girlfriends knowledge. I tried to cover up the many spelling mistakes as just bad spelling. She thought there was something suspicious going on but eventually got over it. So i thought i was safe.

Then last week, a mate i told about what i did told my gf. I couldnt exactly climb out of that hole cos it just probably confirmed her suspicions. The worst part of it all is that she doesnt know i kept on doing drugs, she thought i had stopped smoking weed altogether, yet here i am, doing MDMA for the second time.

I have no idea how to save the relationship. Although i have told her before that so long that im safe and responsible with drugs then it wont be harmful at all for me. I dont do it to piss her off, i just wanna have fun, but she cannot seem to accept any of it.
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by BlankPagee)
A few weeks ago i did MDMA for the second time without my girlfriends knowledge. I tried to cover up the many spelling mistakes as just bad spelling. She thought there was something suspicious going on but eventually got over it. So i thought i was safe.

Then last week, a mate i told about what i did told my gf. I couldnt exactly climb out of that hole cos it just probably confirmed her suspicions. The worst part of it all is that she doesnt know i kept on doing drugs, she thought i had stopped smoking weed altogether, yet here i am, doing MDMA for the second time.

I have no idea how to save the relationship. Although i have told her before that so long that im safe and responsible with drugs then it wont be harmful at all for me. I dont do it to piss her off, i just wanna have fun, but she cannot seem to accept any of it.
There's no saving your relationship imho. You don't want to quit drugs. And she doesn't want to date a drug user.
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Cause drugs aren't safe- people die from them
BlankPagee
Rep:
?
Its only casually tho. Its not like im addicted or dependent on it, im just doing it to have fun every once in a while. Obviously she has not had the same experiences i have had with drugs, so she doesnt know about what it feels like to do. I feel like she is just assuming drugs are bad from the illegality of it all.
(Original post by Ciel.)
There's no saving your relationship imho. You don't want to quit drugs. And she doesn't want to date a drug user.
username4454836
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You just aren't right for each other.
BlankPagee
Rep:
?
Not always. I make sure i do it safely and responsibly. Only people who dont know how to make sure they are doing it in the safest way possible are susceptible to possible danger. As well as that, i am not not it regularly, just every few weeks or something.
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
username4454836
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
What don't people die from?
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Its only casually tho. Its not like im addicted or dependent on it, im just doing it to have fun every once in a while. Obviously she has not had the same experiences i have had with drugs, so she doesnt know about what it feels like to do. I feel like she is just assuming drugs are bad from the illegality of it all.
All drugs are bad, to some extent. You are in denial.
batter mix
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are you my brother by any chance?

How old are you?
batter mix
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Decahedron)
What don't people die from?
TSR. At least I hope so.
BlankPagee
Rep:
?
Bad in what way? Marijuana has been proven to be beneficial in medicinal terms. Yes there is a chance of MDMA of causing harm, but thats only if you are unfortuanate to overdose on it. People view drugs as bad solely because they have been made illegal.
(Original post by Ciel.)
All drugs are bad, to some extent. You are in denial.
username4454836
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by batter mix)
TSR. At least I hope so.
It wouldn't surprise me, some people are heavily addicted.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It seems like you've been given a choice between your girlfriend and a chemical, and it seems like you're choosing the chemical, and that's just really, really sad. MDMA might give you short-term ''fun'' and pleasure, but sharing your life with a person gives you long-term joy, which is much more important. (That is, if you have the right girlfriend.)
batter mix
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
16 bro
Don't bro me, kiddo.

:sigh: Just stay safe and make sure you don't ever OD. Hoping the best for you.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
i reported someone and now they have been banned :cool:
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
i am anonymous because i don't want to be exposed... again
batter mix
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i reported someone and now they have been banned :cool:
Why are you flexing on this thread? lmao
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Your gf has a problem with you taking ecstasy. She's unlikely to change her mind based on your assuring her that 'it's not harmful'. She has an opinion on this, and she has a right to have it. Equally, you are entitled to make choices regarding whether or not you take drugs. Basically your choices and her wishes are incompatible. There's no point trying to 'hide' the drug taking - no more point than your gf 'pretending' to condone or even tolerate it. You have a fundamental difference of opinion regarding it. The question is whether you can accept that she will never approve of your drug taking, and whether she can accept that you are entitled to make a choice about which she disapproves. The only way to solve it is to have an honest, frank conversation about it. And if you don't want to stop taking ecstasy, then you've got to be honest about that, honest too about your feelings for your gf and see if you can make all of that work. In the end, it's all about choices
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Bad in what way? Marijuana has been proven to be beneficial in medicinal terms. Yes there is a chance of MDMA of causing harm, but thats only if you are unfortuanate to overdose on it. People view drugs as bad solely because they have been made illegal.
In many ways. MDMA can be laced with all sorts of crap. It can kill you if you have an underlying heart condition. Some people just don't want to date a drug user.

Your last point is ********. Cigarettes and alcohol are bad too, everyone knows it. And they are legal.
hykha
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

well drugs are bad for health even though u do it safely! doing it regularly or not,there is a chance for you to get addicted, and also you keep denying that you are not depending on drugs and that you are not addicted to it,but what you dont see is that having drugs for having fun is a way of addiction and dependence because even though there are many other ways in which you can have fun with you keep choosing drugs because you know what it makes you feel so you prefer drugs, understand that is a form of addiction moreover if you really care about the relationship you would not risk it over anything! and you should also understand that as your girlfriend she just wants the best for you and for you to be happy and healthy so i hope you make her happy in return by restoring the trust she had on you by quitting the use of drugs! goodluck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (48)
5.88%
Fairly positive (262)
32.11%
Just another year... (320)
39.22%
Is it 2020 yet? (186)
22.79%

Watched Threads