Charityworks 2019 Watch

aljsh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey! In the webinar yesterday they said 150 of us are waitlisted. It was mentioned that last year they did draw on about 1/3 - 1/2 of the waitlist, but I’m not sure if that helps us that much. There’s still an anxious wait ahead...
gelcairns
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hiya! Has anyone who either got straight through or put on the waiting list been made a placement match yet?
Helino27
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey ! Has anyone had a placement match yet?
L.Gilbo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I haven’t. I haven’t heard anything besides the generic email, that said 50 people were contacted regarding matches
Helino27
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
@L.Gilbo same over here I think they said they'll send some general updates every two weeks ? so tomorrow maybe we'll get some news
pjavocado
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I actually did get matched but there was a mistake (they hadn't noticed I can't drive and recommended me for a job that required a license) so it was withdrawn and they said I'd get another one soon... That was the very first week and I haven't heard anything since. Finding it so hard to deal with not knowing - I had been calming myself down by thinking we'd get at least a general email today but I don't have anything!!
Anyone else?
pjavocado
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
L.Gilbo what did the 'generic email' say about the 50 roles? I didn't get it, just the role placement email.
Helino27
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
pjavocado just that 50 matches out of 150 had been sent out
Ayax
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Wow I feel so stressed with all this uncertainty and lack of insight! I feel like I can't relax because nothing is certain and I can be matched at any point between now and November. I have no idea how many people have already been matched or how many are waiting, which would be super helpful to know.
gelcairns
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes this would be really useful!
Ami_rra
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
HiMatching process is painful! Wish I could be a fly on the wall with all the options and graduates! Hoping I get a good opp in my first pref area rather then my maybes! Its awful not knowing.
Ayax
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I feel your pain, even with the areas I said 'Yes' to, a location could be perfect or really far from where I live... I hope they take postcodes into account!
Ami_rra
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Struggling to post the fb link - apparently violates community guidelines.. maybe inbox me and I try send the link there.. its called CW2019
Last edited by Ami_rra; 3 weeks ago
L.Gilbo
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’ve added you as a friend. The group name is very similar to the ‘cricket World Cup 2019’ groups, so haven’t managed to find it 😂
pjavocado
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by L.Gilbo)
I’ve added you as a friend. The group name is very similar to the ‘cricket World Cup 2019’ groups, so haven’t managed to find it 😂
I found the same haha! Added you as well Amirra
Ami_rra
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Haha sh*t. Sorry guys! I knew shouldnt have been one to take up the initiative... ill accept and invite
Helino27
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’ve added you as well Amirra I’m Hélène Stengel
severiB
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi everyone! I've been selected for the programme as well but haven't heard anything about my placement yet. I'm starting to get really nervous! I'm also confused about the personal updates every 3 weeks or so. Has anyone who hasn't been matched yet had a personalised update? I've only had general email updates and was thinking of giving them a call. Not sure if they'll have anything to tell me though!
L.Gilbo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by severiB)
Hi everyone! I've been selected for the programme as well but haven't heard anything about my placement yet. I'm starting to get really nervous! I'm also confused about the personal updates every 3 weeks or so. Has anyone who hasn't been matched yet had a personalised update? I've only had general email updates and was thinking of giving them a call. Not sure if they'll have anything to tell me though!
Hey! There’s a few of us in the same position, we have set up a little Facebook page called CW2019- It may be helpful to know there’s other in the same position. https://m.facebook.com/groups/506216...&source=result
L.Gilbo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey, there’s a few of us in the same position. We have set up a little Facebook group to discuss called CW2019. None of us have been sent a personal update yet either.
I gave CW a call yesterday and he wasn’t able to provide any information about my application and kind of repeated what was said in the webinar.
He did say that the CW office was closed for holidays last week and so no new offers were sent out. But they were hoping to send more this week and a lot through August.
Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.49%
Excited (157)
9.12%
Worried (306)
17.78%
Terrified (382)
22.2%
Meh (172)
9.99%
Confused (37)
2.15%