e.limm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi All,My question is why are the members of RAF deployed overseas on operations? I pretty sure its not just for protecting their bases right? Every little help will be appreciated. Thank you
Last edited by e.limm; 7 months ago
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by e.limm)
Hi All,My question is why are the members of RAF deployed overseas on operations? I pretty sure its not just for protecting their bases right? Every little help will be appreciated. Thank you
Are you talking about any person in the RAF, or why particularly logistics officers are deployed?
e.limm
Rep:
?
I am applying for an logistics officer role in the RAF and this is one of the question that will be asked during our interview and i cannot find anything online for this question
(Original post by Drewski)
Are you talking about any person in the RAF, or why particularly logistics officers are deployed?
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I am applying for an logistics officer role in the RAF and this is one of the question that will be asked during our interview and i cannot find anything online for this question
Well, let's take it a step back for a moment.

What is it the RAF does when on deployment, generally?
What role does the logistics officer perform when they're on a station in the UK?

You're not going to find this answer online verbatim, ready to be copied. They're looking for you to understand what the RAF does, what a logistics officer did, and use some critical thinking to come up with the next bit yourself. Using Google isn't going to get you into the RAF. Using your brain is.

What stage of application are you at?
Last edited by Drewski; 7 months ago
e.limm
Rep:
?
Well i do not know what they do and why they are deployed. Basically to do whatever they do here in the UK i guess? protect the base, provide logistics support?
Well, let's take it a step back for a moment.

What is it the RAF does when on deployment, generally?
What role does the logistics officer perform when they're on a station in the UK?

You're not going to find this answer online verbatim, ready to be copied. They're looking for you to understand what the RAF does, what a logistics officer did, and use some critical thinking to come up with the next bit yourself. Using Google isn't going to get you into the RAF. Using your brain is.

Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Well i do not know what they do and why they are deployed. Basically to do whatever they do here in the UK i guess? protect the base, provide logistics support?
I think you need to go back to the RAF careers site and read up a bit more on what it is both the RAF and logistics officer does.

Any number of people here could just give you an answer, but that's not going to help you understand the topic, and given you're applying to do it for a job, it's quite important that you know what you're getting into.
e.limm
Rep:
?
I know what RAF logistics officers do but what have that got to do with the question that i am asking?
I think you need to go back to the RAF careers site and read up a bit more on what it is both the RAF and logistics officer does.

Any number of people here could just give you an answer, but that's not going to help you understand the topic, and given you're applying to do it for a job, it's quite important that you know what you're getting into.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I know what RAF logistics officers do but what have that got to do with the question that i am asking?
You want to know what they and the RAF does on deployment. It's directly linked to their role and responsibilities.

You need to be able to figure this out for yourself.

e.limm
Rep:
?
I have got my filter interview in about a month time. i dont get it. Why ask that question when there already is another similar question (What are the roles of the RAF logistics Officer)?
You want to know what they and the RAF does on deployment. It's directly linked to their role and responsibilities.

You need to be able to figure this out for yourself.

threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I have got my filter interview in about a month time. i dont get it. Why ask that question when there already is another similar question (What are the roles of the RAF logistics Officer)?
e.limm you need to step back and read the questions you are asking. Drewski is quite rightly trying to tell you to use your common sense, while you seem to be blindly searching for a stock answer.

There's no such thing as a 'question that will be asked' in your interview, there are all sort sof wordings of questions that might be asked about the RAF and the specific role you are hoping to join. You need to be able to think on your feet and provide answers to questions and Drewski is trying to lead you to that.

But the answer is very obvious, whether the question is 'Why do RAF personnel serve overseas on operations?" or Why do logistics officers serve overseas on operations?". Indeed, the answer is so obvious I doubt it will be asked, more likely they will cut directly to asking about specific operations and why we are there.
AlphaTango
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You sound like you would be more suited to applying for a role in the RLC.
LoyaltyAb0veAll
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
"Why do RAF personnel serve overseas on operations? (And how does your Role play apart?)"
Its frankly a simple question. go back a bit and ask yourself further questions such as "What is the purpose of operations especially in an overseas environment?" as Drewski highlighted above.

The following is not the answer to the question.
All operations have a clearly defined, meticulously planned objectives to be met. And how they are met is dependent on the mission itself which further has a direct effect on what type of RAF personnel are most suited to achieve it.
Ikaruss
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
All operations have a clearly defined, meticulously planned objectives to be met.

Sorry, Loyalty I had to have a wry smile at that one.
Last edited by Ikaruss; 7 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (50)
32.89%
No I don't (71)
46.71%
I work during the holidays (31)
20.39%

Watched Threads