The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher questions

When exam leave ends, I’m going to be leaving the country past the official start of the summer holidays, meaning I miss a month of school just after I finish my exams. I don’t believe this month is very beneficial to be honest, as we usually just mess around and most people won’t be in class due to clubs or just the relaxed atmosphere of the school during this time.

What I want to know is, will missing one month of Advanced Higher courses really be so bad? Am I able to receive notes and coursework from my teacher via the internet, or is learning directly from the class more important?
Original post by Gatonolixo
When exam leave ends, I’m going to be leaving the country past the official start of the summer holidays, meaning I miss a month of school just after I finish my exams. I don’t believe this month is very beneficial to be honest, as we usually just mess around and most people won’t be in class due to clubs or just the relaxed atmosphere of the school during this time.

What I want to know is, will missing one month of Advanced Higher courses really be so bad? Am I able to receive notes and coursework from my teacher via the internet, or is learning directly from the class more important?

You would miss some work, and it might not be the complete ideal, but I think you'd probably be okay. Some schools don't start AHs until after summer due to students from multiple schools attending classes at a single school and arrangements not being in place for this until after summer. Whether you can get notes/coursework depends on how helpful your school and teachers are really, and also what part of the course they want to do before summer (if they want to start projects for sciences for example, that's a bit more difficult to catch up).
If you're willing to put the effort in once you're back it should be okay though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending