Diagnostic imaging applicants 2019 glasgow caledonian Watch

zpewtner
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey guys.
Anyone starting diagnositc imaging at glasgow caledonian this year?
Ive received my conditional offer and put it as my first choice.

Look forward to seeing who's going!
k-shankland
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey!

I’ve got a conditional offer for GCU Diagnostic Imaging this year too - accepted as my firm choice😄
(Original post by zpewtner)
Hey guys.
Anyone starting diagnositc imaging at glasgow caledonian this year?
Ive received my conditional offer and put it as my first choice.

Look forward to seeing who's going!
zpewtner
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Yeah same here, Firm for conditional , just need to get the grades now!
Rufflesmcgee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm just finishing up 1st year now if yous have any questions
zpewtner
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Whats the time table like? as in hours/days in. And is there any placement in first year.
T.I.A
Rufflesmcgee
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Timetable depends on what week it is, some are busier than others. youget 2 induction days and 6 days of placement in trimester a (usually November/ december) and 2 days every 2nd week in trimester b

I will suggest to keep on top of the anatomy class and positioning/ clinical class from the start. Anatomy especially is a huge topic and there's a lot of information in it!
Whats the time table like? as in hours/days in. And is there any placement in first year.
T.I.A
k-shankland
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Me too! Here’s hoping 🤞 good luck with yours. Hopefully see you in September ☺️
Yeah same here, Firm for conditional , just need to get the grades now!
k-shankland
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
That’s great thank you so much for your help/advice. That’s exactly what I was going to ask about hours/days etc. Could you tell me a rough estimate of how many days your in on one of the busier weeks? Like is it Monday to Friday or less? My daughters 2 and starts nursery in September so I am trying to arrange childcare etc just now so that’s it’s in place for starting hopefully. Wasn’t sure how it works. Thanks again 😊
(Original post by Rufflesmcgee)
Timetable depends on what week it is, some are busier than others. youget 2 induction days and 6 days of placement in trimester a (usually November/ december) and 2 days every 2nd week in trimester b

I will suggest to keep on top of the anatomy class and positioning/ clinical class from the start. Anatomy especially is a huge topic and there's a lot of information in it!
Rufflesmcgee
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
On a busier week you could be in every day, but it generally isn't that busy. In trimester b you get 2 days off every 2nd week as you're split into 2 groups for placement, so that's handy if they run it the same way this year.
(Original post by k-shankland)
That’s great thank you so much for your help/advice. That’s exactly what I was going to ask about hours/days etc. Could you tell me a rough estimate of how many days your in on one of the busier weeks? Like is it Monday to Friday or less? My daughters 2 and starts nursery in September so I am trying to arrange childcare etc just now so that’s it’s in place for starting hopefully. Wasn’t sure how it works. Thanks again 😊
zpewtner
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thats really helpful thanks! Im going to try get a part time job so good to know theres some time off at least lol.
Rufflesmcgee
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A lot of the other 1st years had jobs, so I wouldn't see it being a problem. In 2nd year in you might have weekend placements but not many of them.

We just had our last exam on Monday there so that's me officially done with 1st year!
Thats really helpful thanks! Im going to try get a part time job so good to know theres some time off at least lol.
zpewtner
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Congrats!Is there alot of mature students or mostly young?Ill be 26 so kind of anxious about being the old one lol
Rufflesmcgee
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm 29! It's a good mix, probably about 60-79% school leavers in my year

Oh, join the unis radiography society as well when they come round, they should pop in during Freshers week or find them at the Freshers fair. It's a couple £ and worth it, they organise loads of events, good way to get to know people
Congrats!Is there alot of mature students or mostly young?Ill be 26 so kind of anxious about being the old one lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.52%
The paper was reasonable (390)
45.99%
Not feeling great about that exam... (157)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (110)
12.97%

Watched Threads