Why aren't African women attracted to Black American men?

Watch
JonMwan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I m a 24 year old Black American guy and I've noticed most African women don't talk to me or look in my direction. I also notice that they don't like Black American guys in general. I live in Florida and go to college with many different races and cultures and i notice that immigrant European women and Indian women seem more open into talking and flirting with me, but African women here look at me weird like as if I'm a different species.If we re both black why would they be hesitant to be near me? Is it because most African women grew up in 3rd world countries, so they view black men as low and poor? Most black Americans I know, never been to a third world country. Why would someone of the same race not want to be around me, but other races of women do?
LoisLame
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wow! Lot to unwrap here! Have you considered they just aren’t interested in talking to you 💕
JonMwan
Rep:
?
No, because other black American men have said the same thing to about African women. I also notice some black women in Africa like to blesch their skin, so I wonder if they hate being black. Black American women never bleach their skin
(Original post by LoisLame)
Wow! Lot to unwrap here! Have you considered they just aren’t interested in talking to you 💕
LoisLame
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mwangijwg)
No, because other black American men have said the same thing to about African women. I also notice some black women in Africa like to blesch their skin, so I wonder if they hate being black. Black American women never bleach their skin
I feel like you are making harmful generalisations here 🤔 some black women in Africa bleaching their skin does not correlate with women not wanting to approach you. Hope this helps 💕
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Do you look like the hodgetwins?
modupeOlu
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
'MOST'? So you say 'MOST' not all.

Why should MOST African women look in your direction when you're not a spectacle, that would be very weird. Imagine you walking down the street or into the library and having most of the African women in you vicinity craning their necks to look at you... Real like isn't an AXE body spray commercial lol.

Why don't you focus on the number who do look at / talk to you OR if you're that concerned, try approaching those who don't first instead? Maybe they just didn't notice you.

- From an African woman.
Last edited by modupeOlu; 1 year ago
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I m a 24 year old Black American guy and I've noticed most African women don't talk to me or look in my direction. I also notice that they don't like Black American guys in general. I live in Florida and go to college with many different races and cultures and i notice that immigrant European women and Indian women seem more open into talking and flirting with me, but African women here look at me weird like as if I'm a different species.If we re both black why would they be hesitant to be near me? Is it because most African women grew up in 3rd world countries, so they view black men as low and poor? Most black Americans I know, never been to a third world country. Why would someone of the same race not want to be around me, but other races of women do?
Well I;n a Black British male, who has met several African women and I can't say I've ever experienced anything like that (well not from majority of them anyway).

Do you know what countries in Africa thee girls are from? Africa is a huuuge continent with about 50 different individual countries within it. In fact, it's the 2nd largest continent besides Asia. There's a huge diversity of different cultures and types of people there, Africa is not some homogeneous bunch of third world countries.

Lets face it, it's most likely going to be a certain "type" of person who chooses to go to a particular country to work or study... and maybe the ones who go to Florida just want to bag a rich white guy.

Instead, why don't you go to Africa yourself and see the women there? You'll be very very surprised at just how modern places like Nairobi, Johannesburg and Lagos are... Those places could be any large city anywhere in the world... I know you when you hear of Africa you think of war and famine, but you seldom hear about how progressive many parts of it are... probably because that doesn't make an interesting news storey

In a similar way to the above, it could be their exposure to black America is all about gangster rap etc. and they don't feel they can relate to that... just a thought..
Last edited by Old Skool Freak; 1 year ago
anonymoussse
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
nah bruv its the other way round black men are so sought after
JonMwan
Rep:
?
I've tried talking to some and nist are shy and hood small conversation. I get along better with black American and black Caribbean women. African men are cool and I hang out with alot

(Original post by Old Skool Freak)
Well I;n a Black British male, who has met several African women and I can't say I've ever experienced anything like that (well not from majority of them anyway).

Do you know what countries in Africa thee girls are from? Africa is a huuuge continent with about 50 different individual countries within it. In fact, it's the 2nd largest continent besides Asia. There's a huge diversity of different cultures and types of people there, Africa is not some homogeneous bunch of third world countries.

Lets face it, it's most likely going to be a certain "type" of person who chooses to go to a particular country to work or study... and maybe the ones who go to Florida just want to bag a rich white guy.

Instead, why don't you go to Africa yourself and see the women there? You'll be very very surprised at just how modern places like Nairobi, Johannesburg and Lagos are... Those places could be any large city anywhere in the world... I know you when you hear of Africa you think of war and famine, but you seldom hear about how progressive many parts of it are... probably because that doesn't make an interesting news storey

In a similar way to the above, it could be their exposure to black America is all about gangster rap etc. and they don't feel they can relate to that... just a thought..
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is a UK website so I doubt anyone here has any experience with black american women from Florida lol.
LoisLame
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by modupeOlu)
'MOST'? So you say 'MOST' not all.

Why should MOST African women look in your direction when you're not a spectacle, that would be very weird. Imagine you walking down the street or into the library and having most of the African women in you vicinity craning their necks to look at you... Real like isn't an AXE body spray commercial lol.

Why don't you focus on the number who do look at / talk to you OR if you're that concerned, try approaching those who don't first instead? Maybe they just didn't notice you.

- From an African woman.
AXE body spray commercial hahaha yasss 💕
Loone
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Because they are independent.
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is it because most African women grew up in 3rd world countries, so they view black men as low and poor?
Do you know the background of the African women you meet (or perhaps I should say don't meet)? If they are in the west for education , work etc they will tend to be from pretty wealthy, well educated families and know lots of black men of the same background.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.18%
I'm not sure (26)
4.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (179)
31.74%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.13%
I'm not a current university student (267)
47.34%

Watched Threads