Why does Coventry University require my reference to come from a professional email?

Watch
-Zee-
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Basically, Coventry University has asked that I either get a new reference or get the person (my former college tutor) to send it from their professional email but, the person has since left the college and they terminate your email once you have left so that isn't possible. I really like the reference that she wrote for me, and my attempts at getting other tutors to write one for me so far has thus failed. Also, none of my other choices has requested this so far. Any advice on how to proceed from here?
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you told Coventry that they cannot email it from a professional account because they have left the college? Speak to someone on the phone, one of the bosses, who can make exceptions to the rules.
nintysixthousand
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
does the teacher work at a new college with a new professional email they can send it from?
Jenx301
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It has to be from a professional email address to prevent students from making an email up and sending a reference for themselves
-Zee-
Rep:
?
(Original post by Notoriety)
Have you told Coventry that they cannot email it from a professional account because they have left the college? Speak to someone on the phone, one of the bosses, who can make exceptions to the rules.
Thanks for your quick response, and yes I immediately did exactly this, but the only alternative that they presented me with was to contact the college to get someone else to write it. Do they have another department that I could get in contact with? As they are my primary choice, so I really want to get this issue resolved for them to proceed with reviewing my application.
-Zee-
Rep:
?
(Original post by nintysixthousand)
does the teacher work at a new college with a new professional email they can send it from?
My former tutor now works at a government organisation and as such is unable to use that email for security purposes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (183)
58.84%
I don't have everything I need (128)
41.16%

Watched Threads