It's not fair how Muslims are always targeted in the media. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Its not fair and is so upsetting how Muslims are constantly hated upon. Even in today's times.

Muslims are fearful to even leave their homes with the fear of being attacked. The actions of the minority just ruin it for this whole community.
The Muslim community at the moment is hated on as shown in the media. And it is so devastating. How we live in a multicultural society which is amazing yet Muslims have to face hate and violence on a daily basis despite them not having done anything.
Muslims are humans, they are like each and every one of us. Some wear headscarfs but it doesn't matter, they're still lovely people.

When will this ever stop?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Its not fair and is so upsetting how Muslims are constantly hated upon. Even in today's times.

Muslims are fearful to even leave their homes with the fear of being attacked. The actions of the minority just ruin it for this whole community.
The Muslim community at the moment is hated on as shown in the media. And it is so devastating. How we live in a multicultural society which is amazing yet Muslims have to face hate and violence on a daily basis despite them not having done anything.
Muslims are humans, they are like each and every one of us. Some wear headscarfs but it doesn't matter, they're still lovely people.

When will this ever stop?
There are documenaries on TV to show how Muslims are no different to any other human being. They are just simply lovely people liek the majority of the human population
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Sources for any of that?
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
We already have a somewhat active thread on this topic
LoisLame
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
It really is awful to see the association in media of Muslim=terrorist. I know that over time, and even now, these representations will improve and that Muslims will get the positive representation they deserve. In the mean time we should support media that does it’s very best to promote a positive image of Muslims 💖
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LoisLame)
It really is awful to see the association in media of Muslim=terrorist. I know that over time, and even now, these representations will improve and that Muslims will get the positive representation they deserve. In the mean time we should support media that does it’s very best to promote a positive image of Muslims 💖
Yes I agree with you. Even not being Muslim it makes you upset to know that a specific community is constantly been blamed for everything.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Obolinda)
We already have a somewhat active thread on this topic
Sorry I failed to realise.

Thank you.
DarthRoar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Don't misconstrue hating on Islam as hating on Muslims. There's a lot of hate for Islam, most of it justified I'd say. But disliking a religion is not disliking the people, just their ideology.

I'm sure there are some who, for some reason, hate muslims, but far fewer than those who simply dislike Islam. Don't mix them.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Andrew97)
Sources for any of that?
What's the need of sources when it is all evident in the media... all the shootings that take place the blame go on to Muslims.

They are always been targeted. You don't hear of any other religion portrayed in such a way than you do of Islam.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by DarthRoar)
Don't misconstrue hating on Islam as hating on Muslims. There's a lot of hate for Islam, most of it justified I'd say. But disliking a religion is not disliking the people, just their ideology.

I'm sure there are some who, for some reason, hate muslims, but far fewer than those who simply dislike Islam. Don't mix them.
Okay but then if people dislike Islam, it's like they dont believe it right?
Then that can be said for other religions such as disliking Hinduism etc.
But then wouldn't disliking a religion mean you also dislike the people who practice the religion because they are basically following that religion?
Why do people dislike Islam? Again is this because of so called terrorists and how they misuse the religion.. in order to then create divide?
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
What's the need of sources when it is all evident in the media... all the shootings that take place the blame go on to Muslims.

They are always been targeted. You don't hear of any other religion portrayed in such a way than you do of Islam.
Extraordinary claims need evidence. It’s not true that Muslims are blamed for all the shootings, ever heard of the IRA for example?
DarthRoar
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
But then wouldn't disliking a religion mean you also dislike the people who practice the religion because they are basically following that religion?
Why do people dislike Islam? Again is this because of so called terrorists and how they misuse the religion.. in order to then create divide?
There's SO many reasons to dislike Islam, from extreme sexism, advocating to kill homosexuals and apostates, general radical elements within sacred texts etc.

It can be difficult to differentiate people from their beliefs, but it is sometimes possible so long as those beliefs aren't extreme. Unfortunately, many muslims are the embodiment of islam. However, you can't just say that you're not allowed to dislike something because lots of people identify with it.
Anonymous #1
I agree. I have friends who are Muslims and are so accepting of the LGBTQ+ community and believe that homosexuality in the Quran is misinterpreted and that it is not wrong to be a homosexual. So I guess theres the difference between the religion and the people
There's SO many reasons to dislike Islam, from extreme sexism, advocating to kill homosexuals and apostates, general radical elements within sacred texts etc.

It can be difficult to differentiate people from their beliefs, but it is sometimes possible so long as those beliefs aren't extreme. Unfortunately, many muslims are the embodiment of islam. However, you can't just say that you're not allowed to dislike something because lots of people identify with it.
DarthRoar
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I agree. I have friends who are Muslims and are so accepting of the LGBTQ+ community and believe that homosexuality in the Quran is misinterpreted and that it is not wrong to be a homosexual. So I guess theres the difference between the religion and the people
That's the thing with Islam, its generally quite radical. Whereas many religions have undergone reformation and tolerate ranges of different beliefs without shouting heresy and sentencing to death by stoning, Islam still hasn't undergone any liberal reformations and is incompatible with modern values. Well done to those liberal muslims though, they should lead the way!
Anonymous #1
Totally! I honestly cannot wait for Islam to one day catch up with everything.
That's the thing with Islam, its generally quite radical. Whereas many religions have undergone reformation and tolerate ranges of different beliefs without shouting heresy and sentencing to death by stoning, Islam still hasn't undergone any liberal reformations and is incompatible with modern values. Well done to those liberal muslims though, they should lead the way!
ChickenMadness
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Sources for any of that?
you're either trolling or live under a rock lol.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by ChickenMadness)
you're either trolling or live under a rock lol.
Since when was asking for evidence for a claim trolling?
DerivativeName
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Apparently I can't rep you more than once, which is a Shame.

ChickenMadness
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Since when was asking for evidence for a claim trolling?
So you just live under a rock then :lol: You wouldn't need to ask for evidence if you've ever seen a newspaper or turned on the TV lol.
Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
people dont dislike islam because they dont believe in it. people dislike islam because it is against human rights and encourages barbaric acts that destroy society, its not an unreasonable thing to hate.

just because you disagree with an opinion of someone shouldnt mean you should automatically dislike them for it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (61)
18.77%
Labour (159)
48.92%
Liberal Democrats (46)
14.15%
Green Party (20)
6.15%
Brexit Party (4)
1.23%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.92%
SNP (7)
2.15%
Plaid Cymru (2)
0.62%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.23%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)