The Student Room Group

Pointless topics

Why the hell do we have to learn about electrons and baryons and quarks and **** in physics and chem A-level. I find it so pointless.
Original post by Bilzyboss
Why the hell do we have to learn about electrons and baryons and quarks and **** in physics and chem A-level. I find it so pointless.

Technically, we don't need to know the majority of the things we learn in school but the whole point is to get the qualification.

Many of the things we learn at A-Level, such as the ones you've mentioned, we learn because if we go on to study certain subjects at university then we'll need to know about it.

Electrons are crucial in chemistry because they're the basis of all chemical reactions, physical properties and... they're pretty much the whole foundation of chemistry. You couldn't understand anything in chemistry if you didn't know about electrons.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by bfm.mcdermott
Technically, we don't need to know the majority of the things we learn in school but the whole point is to get the qualification.

Many of the things we learn at A-Level, such as the ones you've mentioned, we learn because if we go on to study certain subjects at university then we'll need to know about it.

Electrons are crucial in chemistry because they're the basis of all chemical reactions, physical properties and... they're pretty much the whole foundation of chemistry. You couldn't understand anything in chemistry if you didn't know about electrons.

true i guess

Quick Reply

Latest