Advice on how to survive social isolation? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I've had no friends and virtually no social interaction for a few years now and it can be very depressing at times. Being introverted I only need a small amount of social interaction to keep me going but absolutely none is extremely damaging. I also have to accept I'll never make friends with anyone ever again which is hard.

This question isn't about how to make friends or find social interaction because that's impossible for me. It's just me asking for advice on how best to deal with it because it's becoming very debilitating. And also because for the sake of sanity I need to say something to someone, even if it's a few strangers on the internet who couldn't care less about me, like everyone else in the world.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
I'm very social awkward and find it hard to make and keep friends too. I know you said its impossible for you to make friends but there are 7 billion people on this earth and it just takes a bit to find someone - thats what im hoping anyways. If your not good at talking with people face to face you could try social media which would allow you to communicate with other people and form relationships without the need to ever meet them face to face.

What are you interested in? Do you have any hobbies?
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've had no friends and virtually no social interaction for a few years now and it can be very depressing at times. Being introverted I only need a small amount of social interaction to keep me going but absolutely none is extremely damaging. I also have to accept I'll never make friends with anyone ever again which is hard.

This question isn't about how to make friends or find social interaction because that's impossible for me. It's just me asking for advice on how best to deal with it because it's becoming very debilitating. And also because for the sake of sanity I need to say something to someone, even if it's a few strangers on the internet who couldn't care less about me, like everyone else in the world.
Why?
JDieMstr
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Having common interests with someone helps a lot when trying to become friends with them....just saying.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
zeddiful42
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
No man is an island unto himself - John Donne. We are social creatures and we need human interaction, even if some of us are introverts. You recognise this yourself, saying that you do at least need SOME and that having NONE is impossible to live with. Social isolation will only make any emotional problems worse and will have a serious negative impact on your mental health. I suggest you reach out to family and try your best to make friends (look at common interests).
Anonymous #1
I have effectively no interests and find most people completely unrelatable.
Anonymous #1
Judging by the lack of answers to the actual question I'm guessing the answer is 'you're screwed'.
kkboyk
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

You should focus more on fixing the problems preventing you to make friends (it's not because you're introverted) than to isolate yourself. Humans are social creatures, and barely a few can live alone in isolation
batter mix
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Tough times mate.

Try not to put too much stock in people or social relations. Do things that make you innately happy and become comfortable being by yourself. Pursue a hobby and just aim at becoming a better person. Really try to find what makes you happy that is not associated with other people.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (147)
17.52%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.82%
No I am happy with my course choice (497)
59.24%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.42%

Watched Threads