History OCR As, how many dates do we have to learn?

Watch
TSR George
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
How many dates are we expected to know for the As OCR exam? I probably will only know about 10 for each topic, Civil War and Stalin (minus the document study which i'll know only loosely) thanks. I'm so so worried about this exam!
02mik_e
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 13 years ago
For The Personal Rule + Civil war, which i am also doing i would say between 15-20. For the Personal Rule learn the Laudian dates examples such as the introduction of the prayer book 1637, the bishops war 1637/1638 can't remember got to revise that one, hampden case, burton bastwick and prynee. Civil war there are not that many dates, just remember the dates of the battles and you'll be fine, the important ones at that. Nasby 1644, Maston moor + edgehill. All the best
x=o
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
You don't need many really, 10 should do it. I'd prepare yourself for A2 though, in a few weeks I've got an exam with approxamitely 30 acts, not including dates and whatnot.
02mik_e
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
lol sorry i don't have any notes . The dates aren't that much, if you re really struggling revise 10 flexi ones in which you can use in any essay
Last edited by RK; 9 months ago
02mik_e
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
yeah i got that, if you see michael pop up it's me
02mik_e
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
Yes please. In the last 2 papers the topics have been Causes of the Civil war & key question 4 ( I hate that), but we don't actually do it, we only do 1 + 3 :p:. Hopefully Personal Rule should come up along with Why parliament won the civil war
02mik_e
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
lol hold on sec, your confusing me with all this KQ stuff, my teacher never refers to it as this :confused:
02mik_e
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
Do not plan it, honestly it'll be waste of time, because most oft he information will be there for you already, it's just a case of you predominantly using the source and then backing it up with your own knowledge. Just get your technique right before the exam and it'll come as second nature to you.
02mik_e
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
Provenance will come in your comaparing + contrasting, possibly after you have used your own knowledge. It will be the critique of the source(s), which gets you into the A band, as you are aware of what needs to be done to make the source complete. So for example a man in a mob, would have a totally different view to a Political situation to a man writing memoirs, no pressure whatsoever, mob there is a lot of pressure to put it blandly. But also make sure you cover all 4 of the sources sufficiently, it's what you need for the A band. or if your really stuck you could go through source by source, however this is quite risky + not advisable, but i have seen people on the document paper do it and come out with A's :rolleyes:
02mik_e
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
:yawn: my head is hurting, ill help out more tomorrow
xxLilsiexx
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
now noone can stalk you
xxLilsiexx
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
be calm history will be fine as long as key question 4 doesnt come up... or 3 for stalin... or 2 for charles
xxLilsiexx
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
some of us regularly look in the history area for tips....

And arent losers
02mik_e
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
I feel exactly the same. My English lit exam was a disaster. History is looking quite bleak as well
xxLilsiexx
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
nazi germany= death lolz... black humour

just be calm learn stalin and charles... i need 105/120 in this retake or mrs mackinnon says im a properr loser....
xxLilsiexx
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
lol my teacher calling me a loser.... priceless..
peaches.
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
i used about 3 dates for my january OCR history exam and got 96%.
xxLilsiexx
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
yes!

yalta, potsdam, greece and korean civil war....
stalins search for security and a buffer zone in eastern europe
eastern european countries but yukoslavia and tito rock!
comecon established
marsall aid truman doctrine
berlin blockade and airlift....
purges of eastern european leaders
stalin gets atomic bomb and says haha americans... arms race.....COLD WAR
xxLilsiexx
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
english is awful classics was worse.. loved critical thinking....
xxLilsiexx
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
i want to be that person... not you finch that person who got 96%!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (114)
34.34%
Yes - a trusted person (90)
27.11%
No (88)
26.51%
I'm not sure (40)
12.05%

Watched Threads