The Student Room Group

An (Acquaintance) decided to tell me he's straight? Mixed Signals.

I've known this guy two years, he works at a hotel two hours from where I live. He's a barman. Truth be told he has been doing things which have even had me questioning about being into me.

He only ever addresses me and not my family when I see him,
when i leave or enter the hotel he is always looking at me,
he always addresses me, 'asking me how my day is going' and what I did that day etc.
Summer of last year my family left one by one to catch a train and there was no acknowledgement to them from this dude, I walk by with my suitcase and he say's 'fancy a drink before setting off' asking me only.
I declined as I had a train to catch so added him on Facebook.

Months later before I returned I removed him off Facebook cause I thought maybe it was a little weird to add someone you barely know.
Return to this hotel in December and days into the holiday he makes an issue to my brother about me removing him off my Facebook account.

Morning I was leaving the hotel we are having a nice chat , full eye contact and he then looks away at the bar windows and say's, if I ever visit Bristol (where I am from) I'll probably take a future girlfriend.

I never addressed my sexuality to him, never asked him out, touched him or made a pass. I'm not sure why he addressed this at a time he knew I won't be back at the hotel for awhile.
I return to this hotel in June and he's still working there I'm not sure why he felt the need to say anything when I was leaving that day. It's confusing.

For the last month so the entire of April, he has been liking more and more of my posts on Facebook, sharing videos I upload and copying quizzes I am doing. The dude has 3,750 Facebook friends and he's mirroring everything I am doing on my social media account. I haven't addressed it but is this not mixed signals?
Mixed signals in what sense? He definitely likes you so I think you clearly have an opportunity to pursue it should you choose to :smile:

Perhaps he means 'girl friend' not 'a girlfriend', he could be simply implying that he'll go with a friend who is a girl. Maybe his best friend is a girl! Further from this, he could be suggesting that you are that girlfriend and now he is planning to ask you out or meet up seeing as he's liking all your posts. Either way, I think you have nothing to worry about!
Do you like him back? He's probably said that in response to your un-adding on facebook as a defense mechanism.
Original post by mapuffle
Do you like him back? He's probably said that in response to your un-adding on facebook as a defense mechanism.

I would want to be with him yes, he has been giving me so many signs so when he said this it confused me. Thing is the guy is a barman, for the two weeks I was at the hotel in December he started work at 4pm everyday and worked till 11pm. Then he turns up at 8am the exact morning I was leaving. But they always have one other guy serving at breakfast and this guy I like was like a spare part, behind the bar not doing anything. Hotel doesn't officially open to the public till 11am and the bar opens 12pm but as mentioned this guy always started at 4pm.
I even messaged him on Facebook and was direct and said to him did he say this to me cause he's straight and he replied 'correct mate' and then said he would see me next year, well next year is getting closer as I return in June and he's still working there. How do I manage a long period of time in his company after this?
Original post by yzanne
Mixed signals in what sense? He definitely likes you so I think you clearly have an opportunity to pursue it should you choose to :smile:

Perhaps he means 'girl friend' not 'a girlfriend', he could be simply implying that he'll go with a friend who is a girl. Maybe his best friend is a girl! Further from this, he could be suggesting that you are that girlfriend and now he is planning to ask you out or meet up seeing as he's liking all your posts. Either way, I think you have nothing to worry about!

Mixed signals as in acting a certain way towards me then throwing a curve ball about taking a 'future girlfriend to where I live', we are both guys and I am gay and I want to be with him. But I'm not sure if he was telling me the truth at the time, but looking away at the time made me suspicious. His behaviour this last month of liking posts and playing the games I am confuses me more. I've been direct and told him how I feel but he didn't acknowledge it and messaging him on FB is like pulling teeth, compared to when we are in person together. Like to separate people.
Original post by Tlords3232
Mixed signals as in acting a certain way towards me then throwing a curve ball about taking a 'future girlfriend to where I live', we are both guys and I am gay and I want to be with him. But I'm not sure if he was telling me the truth at the time, but looking away at the time made me suspicious. His behaviour this last month of liking posts and playing the games I am confuses me more. I've been direct and told him how I feel but he didn't acknowledge it and messaging him on FB is like pulling teeth, compared to when we are in person together. Like to separate people.

You never mentioned that you were a) a guy or b) gay! Now I understand. I think maybe he's just trying to be friendly with you. I think he probably wants to keep in contact but is straight. Could of course be bisexual?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending