The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Chemistry 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hira671
also guys what major calculations do we need to know for paper 1?

There'll probably be some acid base calculation like ph of a buffer solution or something. Then there's all the entropy and enthalpy calculations as well as some titration calculations
Reply 41
Original post by hira671
also guys what major calculations do we need to know for paper 1?

All the Enthalpy and Entropy ones are the main bulk
Please can someone explain why transition metals can form variable oxidation states?? I am so confused
Original post by lolasmithy
Please can someone explain why transition metals can form variable oxidation states?? I am so confused

Ionisation energies are low and gaps between ionisation energies are low
ahhh ok so no combustion analysis until paper 2 and 3 right?
Original post by DragonsOfAsshai
There'll probably be some acid base calculation like ph of a buffer solution or something. Then there's all the entropy and enthalpy calculations as well as some titration calculations

Original post by z20010318
All the Enthalpy and Entropy ones are the main bulk
Reply 45
Original post by hira671
ahhh ok so no combustion analysis until paper 2 and 3 right?

Yeah Cus that’s in Organic Chemistry II- still need to learn some of the organic synthesis reactions:///
lol sameee.. gonna have to cram those the night before
Yeah Cus that’s in Organic Chemistry II- still need to learn some of the organic synthesis reactions:///
Reply 47
Original post by hira671
lol sameee.. gonna have to cram those the night before

Honestly I keep looking at them like I’m gonna do it but i just keep putting it off idk how to learn something that big parrot fashion
whats this parrot thing? i literally use this massive flow diagram thing for tm
Honestly I keep looking at them like I’m gonna do it but i just keep putting it off idk how to learn something that big parrot fashion
Reply 49
Original post by hira671
whats this parrot thing? i literally use this massive flow diagram thing for tm

Parrot fashion is like learning it off by heart with no real understanding you’re kinda just regurgitating information. Idk how the flow diagram helps I need to write it out loads of times
Reply 50
Does anyone have the set papers please!!!
Reply 51
Original post by dx31
Does anyone have the set papers please!!!

What are they
Reply 52
Hey guys, do we have to know why the real colour of Fe3+ ( purple ish ) doesn't show in solution and why we see a yellow brown ish colour instead ?
Reply 53
And what is the hardest chem paper you've done so far ?
Reply 54
Original post by Leah.J
Hey guys, do we have to know why the real colour of Fe3+ ( purple ish ) doesn't show in solution and why we see a yellow brown ish colour instead ?

Real Fe3+ ions are “straw” coloured- it turns purple sometime because of impurities in the lab I’m pretty sure
Hey guys! :redface:

How ready is everyone feeling for tomorrow?

Also do you think there will be Hess' law cycle questions? I'm fine with Born-Haber cycles but mess up on Hess' :frown:
Any other predictions?
Reply 56
Original post by aspiringmedic000
Hey guys! :redface:

How ready is everyone feeling for tomorrow?

Also do you think there will be Hess' law cycle questions? I'm fine with Born-Haber cycles but mess up on Hess' :frown:
Any other predictions?

I think they’ll be Born Haber cycles more- Hess’ Law is more in the AS Papers but you never know.

Acid Base and Enthalpy and Entropy are defo ones to look out for along with Rates and TMs etc
I think they’ll be Born Haber cycles more- Hess’ Law is more in the AS Papers but you never know.

Acid Base and Enthalpy and Entropy are defo ones to look out for along with Rates and TMs etc

Ahh cool. Yeah definitely.
What do you mean by rates? Do you mean orders of reactions, rate equations etc? Those are topic 16, which won't be in the paper I believe?
Reply 58
Original post by aspiringmedic000
Ahh cool. Yeah definitely.
What do you mean by rates? Do you mean orders of reactions, rate equations etc? Those are topic 16, which won't be in the paper I believe?

****, yeah you’re right I’m waffling- not been getting much sleep cus of this chem exam lol
****, yeah you’re right I’m waffling- not been getting much sleep cus of this chem exam lol

omg haha but seriously make sure you get good sleep today so you're feeling fresh tomorrow lol
how you feeling about the exam tomorrow?

Quick Reply

Latest