Policy Advisor- EU exit interview (HEO) Watch

Bossa Nova
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
How long did it take to hear back about the outcome of your interview? Also did they phrase the questions as 'tell me about a time you have delivered at pace' or was this a bit unclear when asking the question e.g. describing the competency?
Mdavenport45
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi Melissa,

I’ve passed all the pre employment checks including CTC. Just waiting on a start date and have been for about a month and a half now ...!
(Original post by Melissamcf)
Have you been sent an invite to complete CTC?
Mdavenport45
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It took about 2 months from the date of interview until I get a provisional offer.

The questions were pretty much ‘tell me a time when you delivered at pace’ or slightly more fluffed up like ‘tell me a time where you had to deliver a project within tight time frames and how did you ensure a successful outcome’
(Original post by Bossa Nova)
How long did it take to hear back about the outcome of your interview? Also did they phrase the questions as 'tell me about a time you have delivered at pace' or was this a bit unclear when asking the question e.g. describing the competency?
Bossa Nova
Rep:
?
Thanks a lot! 😁 Did they also ask generic questions like 'why are you applying to defra' or just stick to the competencies? The interview dates got taken up within 5 minutes and I have to wait again after almost 2 months.....
It seems to be a very slow process unfortunately.
(Original post by Mdavenport45)
It took about 2 months from the date of interview until I get a provisional offer.

The questions were pretty much ‘tell me a time when you delivered at pace’ or slightly more fluffed up like ‘tell me a time where you had to deliver a project within tight time frames and how did you ensure a successful outcome’
Kaydee377
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I am the same as mdavenport45. Passed my pre-employment checks mid march and was told someone would be in touch 'very shortly' to discuss start dates for HEO DEFRA role. I still haven't heard anything yet and am getting very frustrated. What is a CTC? And does anyone know roughly how much longer we will be kept waiting?
Melissamcf
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’m not sure on that. Have you been contacted by a team department?
Hi Melissa,

I’ve passed all the pre employment checks including CTC. Just waiting on a start date and have been for about a month and a half now ...!
Melissamcf
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Kaydee377)
I am the same as mdavenport45. Passed my pre-employment checks mid march and was told someone would be in touch 'very shortly' to discuss start dates for HEO DEFRA role. I still haven't heard anything yet and am getting very frustrated. What is a CTC? And does anyone know roughly how much longer we will be kept waiting?
The CTC is a counter terrorism check. It says it takes up to 40 days but I think mine took about 3 weeks. Someone did contact me whilst waiting for my CTC to be completed. All I can say is the recruitment is at high levels at the moment so there are vacancies.
Mdavenport45
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I emailed policy profession yesterday to press for an update. They apologised for the delay and said I have been allocated a team and I should hear from them on Monday with more details so fingers crossed this is good progress. Kaydee it may be worth email chasing them as sitting around waiting for them to contact you never seems to work!
purpleraine673
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, I am planning on applying for this role too- but different department. Just wondering whether you all have work experiences for HEO role, as I am only going to a uni graduate and idk if customer services is enough for HEO or I should just stick to EO? (I really want this particular department though). thanks.
Bossa Nova
Rep:
?
Hey everyone. Is the interview only based on the competencies or does this include the usual interview questions like 'why do you want to work at defra'?
Bossa Nova
Rep:
?
Hey I have a couple of years of experience after graduation but as long as you have examples for the competencies and meet the requirements, then you should be fine. Any sort of experience as long as you find a link and explain it well should be ok
(Original post by purpleraine673)
Hi, I am planning on applying for this role too- but different department. Just wondering whether you all have work experiences for HEO role, as I am only going to a uni graduate and idk if customer services is enough for HEO or I should just stick to EO? (I really want this particular department though). thanks.
Bossa Nova
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi guys,

My interview is in the next couple of days and any advice on this would be really helpful! Thanks a lot!
Hey everyone. Is the interview only based on the competencies or does this include the usual interview questions like 'why do you want to work at defra'?
Mdavenport45
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
They like hearing about how your actions impacted and influenced stakeholders a lot. Just practice your presentation a lot I’d say , if you have to do a presentation that is, I had my interview in feb it may have changed since then. Has anyone waiting for a start date heard back yet?
Bossa Nova
Rep:
?
Thank you and I'll be doing a presentation as well. If you dont mind me asking, did they also ask you the generic interview questions or just the competencies?
They like hearing about how your actions impacted and influenced stakeholders a lot. Just practice your presentation a lot I’d say , if you have to do a presentation that is, I had my interview in feb it may have changed since then. Has anyone waiting for a start date heard back yet?
soundscomplex
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
When did you get an interview? I'm still waiting for another batch to be released after the ones a fortnight ago. Was yours in that batch?
Bossa Nova
Rep:
?
Yes in the last batch but they went really quickly in the first 5 minutes. I think they'll release some more in the coming days especially as the deadline has changed from September to tomorrow now.
(Original post by soundscomplex)
When did you get an interview? I'm still waiting for another batch to be released after the ones a fortnight ago. Was yours in that batch?
soundscomplex
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Only just saw that. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing for those with interviews already. Maybe those 50 rolls are filling up, who knows.
Yes in the last batch but they went really quickly in the first 5 minutes. I think they'll release some more in the coming days especially as the deadline has changed from September to tomorrow now.
Bossa Nova
Rep:
?
Same I saw this change today. I hope not as I'm worried about this too as it seems like quite a few people on this thread have been offered roles.
Only just saw that. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing for those with interviews already. Maybe those 50 rolls are filling up, who knows.
soundscomplex
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Ah well, don't stress it. We can't change it just best of luck with your interview, practice your presentation and be confident and give yourself the best possible shot! Feel free to come back on here and mention all the questions but yeh overall, regardless of whether they're filling up or not we can't change it so might as well just make yourself as good a candidate as you can.
Same I saw this change today. I hope not as I'm worried about this too as it seems like quite a few people on this thread have been offered roles.
Bossa Nova
Rep:
?
Thanks a lot! You too. I will do haha. Exactly and all we got to do is to try our best and hopefully be successful. I wont think about the spots being taken up as if you've done well in both the interview and presentation they'll have to offer you a role regardless of the spots available
I hope you get an interview slot soon! Good luck!!!
Ah well, don't stress it. We can't change it just best of luck with your interview, practice your presentation and be confident and give yourself the best possible shot! Feel free to come back on here and mention all the questions but yeh overall, regardless of whether they're filling up or not we can't change it so might as well just make yourself as good a candidate as you can.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (51)
22.27%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (78)
34.06%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (48)
20.96%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (20)
8.73%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
13.97%

Watched Threads

Latest