2nd Year Entry or 3rd Year Entry. Timetable arrangements. Watch

username4615682
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi Guys.

My Question is I have been offered 2nd year entry and also 3rd year entry for Heriot Watt to study a Beng in Mechanical Engineering. I am currently studying an HND in Engineering Systems at college and feel some of the modules could have been covered more in depth. Is 3rd year a continuation of 2nd year at advanced stages. Would I be safer doing 2nd year to cover everything? Also what is the timetable like is it 3 full days or half days ? My reason for this is I need to work out my travel cost.

Thanks Guys.
Heriot-Watt University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi Jack2749,

Thanks for your enquiry and congratulations on your offers to study BEng Mechanical Engineering at Heriot-Watt.

The 3rd year of the programme is mostly a continuation of the subjects studied in 2nd year, so it is certainly worth considering accepting 2nd year entry to ensure you have the necessary background. During the programme, contact time is around 16-20 hours a week and is spread over 4.5 days - nothing is scheduled for Wednesday afternoon.

I hope that has helped your decision, please do get in touch again if you have any further questions.

Best Wishes,
Catriona

(Original post by Jack2749)
Hi Guys.

My Question is I have been offered 2nd year entry and also 3rd year entry for Heriot Watt to study a Beng in Mechanical Engineering. I am currently studying an HND in Engineering Systems at college and feel some of the modules could have been covered more in depth. Is 3rd year a continuation of 2nd year at advanced stages. Would I be safer doing 2nd year to cover everything? Also what is the timetable like is it 3 full days or half days ? My reason for this is I need to work out my travel cost.

Thanks Guys.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Edinburgh Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 8 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads