S1 question

Watch this thread
dont know it
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
A market research organisation wants to take a sample of:

i)owners of diesel cars in the UK
ii) persons living in Oxford who suffered injuries to the back during July 1996.

Suggest a suitable sampling frame in each case.

Wouldn't the sampling frame just be a list showing all the owners of diesel cars in the UK and a list of people living in Oxford who suffered injuries to the back during July 1996?? The answer in the book is this: https://prnt.sc/nhklpq.. but if we specifically want to take a sample of whats mentioned in i) and ii), how would this work?
Teenie2
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
I agree with you. For example, the DVLA list would be the population and the sampling frame would be a subset of that which only included diesel cars. Likewise for the back injuries. I'm not sure why the answer says what it does
dont know it
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Teenie2)
I agree with you. For example, the DVLA list would be the population and the sampling frame would be a subset of that which only included diesel cars. Likewise for the back injuries. I'm not sure why the answer says what it does
Thanks, yeah I was really surprised by this answer as it didn't fit with anything else I learnt.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (38)
26.21%
As I expected (47)
32.41%
Harder (53)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.83%

Watched Threads