geography AS/A level question - Using a named location, explain how hydro meteorologi

Watch
llanrac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can anyone help me answer this question pls?
Using a named location, explain how hydrometeorological hazards can contribute to a tectonic disaster. (6)
this is what I've got so far; Hydrometeorological hazards are naturally occurring hazards such as flooding, drought, and hurricanes. These natural events can amplify the effects of a tectonic disaster, by increasing a countries vulnerability and testing its ability to cope. An example of this is in the Philippines, a developing, multi-hazard country, particularly susceptible to typhoons, which bring about flooding as well as landslides, caused by earthquakes. The world bank has reported that 74% of the population is exposed to two or more hazards, furthermore, annual damage costs are estimated at o.5% of the country’s GDP. Hydrometeorological events, such as flooding increase the Philippines vulnerability as it spreads water-borne diseases such as cholera by infiltrating water sources. It also slows down emergency response time as transport links become defunct through the combination of earthquakes and flooding.

Thanks!
Last edited by llanrac; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (100)
28.49%
No - I have already returned home (45)
12.82%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (68)
19.37%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (37)
10.54%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
28.77%

Watched Threads