Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
A level and exam board:
Law: ocr
Sociology: aqa -grade 6/7 at gcse (aqa)
Maths: aqa -grade 6/7 at gcse (edexel)
And fine art: aqa -grade 5/6 at gcse (aqa)

What are ur experiences with these exam boards? What are the subjects about and what do u learn? Which u suggest considering my grade?
Missdimples
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m in year 13. All my exam boards are AQA- Politics(new spec), psychology and English literature.

Politics is my hardest subject so much context just like psychology but I’m struggling to get a grip of everything lol, whereas English is my favourite. Got an A* in GCSE and predicted the same in A-Level.

I like AQA though, in GCSE my sociology exam board was them and got an A. I wouldn’t say there’s a easy exam board, but OCR is definitely the hardest as it’s Oxbridge’s board- had to do an sixth form entrance exam on two papers and we had to do it with that exam board.

I would say Sociology also from your grade (Also I’m being biased, but I really loved that subject, a shame they don’t offer it at my sixth form, it’s great if you love learning about why certain things are the way they are in society, in terms of gender, race, stereotypes, families etc)

Don’t do law if you’re planning on studying law at university, as the first year of law in uni, is exactly what is taught in year12/13. As for maths, that was my weakest subject and I hated it, but if you’re good at it go for it and also for fine art!

Hope this helps
(Original post by Zabidoo)
A level and exam board:
Law: ocr
Sociology: aqa -grade 6/7 at gcse (aqa)
Maths: aqa -grade 6/7 at gcse (edexel)
And fine art: aqa -grade 5/6 at gcse (aqa)

What are ur experiences with these exam boards? What are the subjects about and what do u learn? Which u suggest considering my grade?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (509)
33.66%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (627)
41.47%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (307)
20.3%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.56%

Watched Threads