Quick revision tips !

Watch
gemiini
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi, so I start my GCSE's on the 13th of May but I've done basically no revision yet. I've been so busy trying to do my Textiles courswork (exam is on the 29th and 30th of April) that I have no time to revise.

Can anyone give me any tips on how to effectively revise with not much time left? Honestly, I don't really care about getting 8's and 9's anymore, I just want to be able to pass my GCSE's and get back into sixth form.

orestispri
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
If you want to just pass (get a 4) then you don't have to revise too much tbh - could just make some notes and do a few practice questions night before the exam - like a got 5s and above in all my mocks by doing that. But for level 7s and higher u shld be doing past papers regularly and spending hours revising (which i cba to do)
Birmingham City University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi @ayairos,

If you're really short on time it may be best to stick to the essentials and not get too caught up in fine details. If you're having to cram you revision, learning the key points of a topic should be your main focus. There is no use knowing every single quote from a novel, if you don't have a solid grasp and understanding of the overall story. Try using the end of chapter summaries in textbooks or online resources to help you maximize your cramming potential.

Are there any podcasts or YouTube videos that you could have on whilst working on your Textiles coursework? This would be a great way fro you to absorb info for your other subjects whilst also getting your coursework and exam prep completed. Studies say it can actually really beneficial to be doing something practical whilst revising, as it aids memory retention. Two birds, one stone as the old saying goes.

Figure out what your weakest area is and work on that till you feel more confident, then move onto your next weakest point and so on. It would help to map out all your exam dates too so you can realistically see how much time you have to allocate to each subject.

Do as many practice papers as you possibly can! You may feel like you don't have time and that you should instead be reading a textbook, but doing the papers will highlight which questions you aren't doing very well on and you can then spend the time to improve on these. We've broken down how you can revise in an hour using past paper questions into six easy steps, why not check it out.

Hope that helps you feel a bit better about your revision, and good luck for your exams!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (97)
61.78%
No (60)
38.22%

Watched Threads