Greenpeace founder agrees: man-made global warming is a hoax!

Watch
broccoli7
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Greenpeace co-founder and former president of Greenpeace Canada Patrick Moore describes the cynical and corrupt machinations fueling the narrative of anthropocentric global warming:

"And so you've got the green movement creating stories to instill fear into the public. You've got the media echo chamber - fake news - repeating it over and over again to everybody that they're killing their children, and then you've got the green politicians who are buying scientists with government money to produce fear for them in the form of scientific-looking materials...

It is the biggest lie since people thought the earth was at the centre of the universe. This is Galileo type stuff. If you remember, Galileo discovered that the sun was at the centre of the solar system and the earth revolved around it. He was sentenced to death by the Catholic church and only because he recanted was he allowed to live in house arrest for the rest of his life."
Astronaut_
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by broccoli7)
Greenpeace co-founder and former president of Greenpeace Canada Patrick Moore describes the cynical and corrupt machinations fueling the narrative of anthropocentric global warming:

"And so you've got the green movement creating stories to instill fear into the public. You've got the media echo chamber - fake news - repeating it over and over again to everybody that they're killing their children, and then you've got the green politicians who are buying scientists with government money to produce fear for them in the form of scientific-looking materials...

It is the biggest lie since people thought the earth was at the centre of the universe. This is Galileo type stuff. If you remember, Galileo discovered that the sun was at the centre of the solar system and the earth revolved around it. He was sentenced to death by the Catholic church and only because he recanted was he allowed to live in house arrest for the rest of his life."
Yo, could you link the article? I wanna see it myself
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
He's not a co-founder. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pa...imate-doubter/

https://www.greenpeace.org/usa/news/...ent-on-patric/

Also... why would they bother paying off scientists when governments don't listen to them on this issue anyway?
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
He's not a co-founder. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pa...imate-doubter/

https://www.greenpeace.org/usa/news/...ent-on-patric/

Also... why would they bother paying off scientists when governments don't listen to them on this issue anyway?
The guy talks nonsense.. but his claim to being a cofounder of green peace is one of the few true things he says.. your snopes article is very telling: see the bit where back in 2007 they had him listed and recognised as a founding member.. then since all of his controversial stuff they have (reasonably) tried to distance themselves from him. Now their claim that he wasn't a founding member, is snopes biggest point against his claim being true. As far as that article reads to me: he was there in the first few years and the first few voyages, he wasn't one of the first with the initial idea, but he was one of the group who shaped the idea into green peace, and as such was considered by greenpeaxe to be a founder, until he started to come out against man made climate change
username1799249
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A balanced argument is not the world's scientific consensus on one side and an environmental has-been on the other who changed is mind to suit has personal agenda.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (21)
6.58%
Uncertainty around my education (35)
10.97%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (37)
11.6%
Lack of purpose or motivation (46)
14.42%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (17)
5.33%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (14)
4.39%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (30)
9.4%
Financial worries (22)
6.9%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (14)
4.39%
Exposure to negative news/social media (19)
5.96%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (6)
1.88%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (34)
10.66%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (24)
7.52%

Watched Threads