Anyone else feeling emotional after watching Avengers Endgame *SPOILER ALERT!!!*

Watch
username4158308
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So it's been 2 days now since I watched Endgame. I plan on going again. But the thing is, I feel really emotional about it. I've talked to all my friends and they feel exactly the same way but I have a feeling that I feel even more so that's not on a normal level.

Spoiler:
Show
<div><br></div><div>The film was so emotional. Tony Stark has been my favourite character. I remember watching the first Iron man film when I was 10. I'm now 22. I've grown up with the MCU. It's a huge part of my life. After watching Endgame it feels like that feeling when you finish a TV series and don't know what to do with your life except it's 10 times worse. I remember when I was going through a particularly tough time a few years ago with my mental health, Iron man 3 had come out and I remember watching it and it really cheered me up. It holds a special place in my heart and it makes my top 5 MCU films. <br></div><div><br></div><div>It feels like we've lost someone real with Tony Stark. It's sooo sad. But then again it's fitting. It started with him and it ends with him. It's just so sad and emotional watching all the previous films and realising what his fate is gonna be. </div>

Does anyone else feel like this?
Last edited by 8472; 1 year ago
mercuryman
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ngl i found it hella cringe seeing grown a** men crying in the cinema over
Spoiler:
Show
iron man dying
username4158308
Rep:
?
My whole cinema was crying when
Spoiler:
Show
he died

(Original post by mercuryman)
ngl i found it hella cringe seeing grown a** men crying in the cinema over
Spoiler:
Show
iron man dying
The RAR
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks mate, I will spoil this to everyone at my school, hope I don't get beaten up
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It seems that people have ditched religion for stupid brand loyalty and other stupid made up characters.
s.aureus
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jedimonkey)
So it's been 2 days now since I watched Endgame. I plan on going again. But the thing is, I feel really emotional about it. I've talked to all my friends and they feel exactly the same way but I have a feeling that I feel even more so that's not on a normal level.

Spoiler:
Show
The film was so emotional. Tony Stark has been my favourite character. I remember watching the first Iron man film when I was 10. I'm now 22. I've grown up with the MCU. It's a huge part of my life. After watching Endgame it feels like that feeling when you finish a TV series and don't know what to do with your life except it's 10 times worse. I remember when I was going through a particularly tough time a few years ago with my mental health, Iron man 3 had come out and I remember watching it and it really cheered me up. It holds a special place in my heart and it makes my top 5 MCU films. <br><br>It feels like we've lost someone real with Tony Stark. It's sooo sad. But then again it's fitting. It started with him and it ends with him. It's just so sad and emotional watching all the previous films and realising what his fate is gonna be.

Does anyone else feel like this?
I feel exactly like this, except I do know my best friend feels the exact same way.. i
Spoiler:
Show
ron man was, idk, the beginning of all of this for me, i know its just a movie, but losing him feels like I'm losing part of my mind and heart?? I cant seem to get around the fact I won't be seeing more of him, it's crazy.

It's just a part of my childhood, teen years and adulthood, I've grown up reading comics religiously and anticipating each movie and now knowing a huge part of that is over is just overwhelming and heartbreaking
It did fit and the movie was amazing but im just sad
Spoiler:
Show
Ibawled like a baby, almost to the point of softly wailing at every sad scene - starting with Nats death
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I appreciate we have a spoiler warning in the title but i've added spoiler tags to all the posts too so accidental clicks don't end up with a spoiler.
Prussianxo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I honestly didn't find it that sad, maybe because I wasn't really emotionally attached to either iron Man or black widow. It's also probably because in general I haven't liked the MCU films much with the majority of them being not good in my opinion.
username4158308
Rep:
?
I hope you're not being serious. Just don't be a douche and spoil it for anyone. You wouldn't like it if something you enjoyed was spoiled for you
(Original post by The RAR)
Thanks mate, I will spoil this to everyone at my school, hope I don't get beaten up
s.aureus
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by The RAR)
Thanks mate, I will spoil this to everyone at my school, hope Ir don't get beaten up
Please don't, some people have waited forever for this
username4158308
Rep:
?
I'm religious and I don't 100% agree with your point. I see what you mean but this is something we have grown up with. Everyone has a favourite film/character. Imagine growing up with something that's cheered you up and then it just ends
The RAR
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by s.aureus)
Please don't, some people have waited forever for this
I hope you're not being serious. Just don't be a douche and spoil it for anyone. You wouldn't like it if something you enjoyed was spoiled for you
Obviously I won't, I was clearly joking as shown in the last part where I said "Hope I don't get beaten up". I know not everyone like spoilers
username4158308
Rep:
?
I'm glad it's not just me then. Well if we look at the bright side, the future of the MCU can still be really good. I'm really looking forward to far from home
I feel exactly like this, except I do know my best friend feels the exact same way.. i
Spoiler:
Show
ron man was, idk, the beginning of all of this for me, i know its just a movie, but losing him feels like I'm losing part of my mind and heart?? I cant seem to get around the fact I won't be seeing more of him, it's crazy.

It's just a part of my childhood, teen years and adulthood, I've grown up reading comics religiously and anticipating each movie and now knowing a huge part of that is over is just overwhelming and heartbreaking
It did fit and the movie was amazing but im just sad
Spoiler:
Show
Ibawled like a baby, almost to the point of softly wailing at every sad scene - starting with Nats death
username4158308
Rep:
?
Ahh thanks. I didn't know you could add tags
(Original post by 8472)
I appreciate we have a spoiler warning in the title but i've added spoiler tags to all the posts too so accidental clicks don't end up with a spoiler.
s.aureus
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm glad it's not just me then. Well if we look at the bright side, the future of the MCU can still be really good. I'm really looking forward to far from home
Same! And also excited for black panther 2
username4158308
Rep:
?
Also, not to mention that James Gunn will be back for GOTG 3 and this time Thor will be with them
Same! And also excited for black panther 2
absolutelysprout
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you're not the only one- it's been 3 days since i've watched it and life definitely feels more miserable:lol:
username4158308
Rep:
?
"I'm with you till the end of the line"
username4158308
Rep:
?
Yeh. Hopefully FFH will be a lighthearted movie
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
you're not the only one- it's been 3 days since i've watched it and life definitely feels more miserable:lol:
watershower
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Everyone who watched it came into school crying the next day
All I could hear were sniffles in the cinema
Ngl it hurt me more when natasha died cause I was expecting tony to die before it came out
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (95)
28.44%
No - I have already returned home (44)
13.17%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
18.56%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (33)
9.88%
No - I live at home during term anyway (100)
29.94%

Watched Threads