?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Evaluate 15 Marks.... help I need help on elaboration and evaluation
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
what's the layout supposed to be for this question? how many points must you make?
A level RPP
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
what's the layout supposed to be for this question? how many points must you make?
However many you can with detail and justification and a conclusion
Hydri
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hey , I’m doing gcse RS so Ill try and be able to help you

Some Christians would agree and state that in order to be a Christian you should be baptised . In Christianity , Christians believe that there is two types of baptism , infant baptism and adult baptism . Some may argue that adult baptism is essential as it helps Christians strengthen their faith and connection with God . Christians believe that they should be Christlike as well so in order to reach salvation ( which is their main goal as a Christian) they should follow Jesus’ footsteps , Jesus practiced the adult baptism and this particular significant even encourage every follower to do the same to be labelled as a Christian . This there for concludes to why some Christians would agree that baptism would define them as a Christian as Jesus has done this and it also reinforces that its welcoming you to the faith of Christianity.

(I tried haha)
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptism - a lot on here... not the best source to reference, but good material
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by A level RPP)
However many you can with detail and justification and a conclusion
best places to get yourself points is to look at sermons and Christian articles such as gotquestions.com, they'll explain their point of view of whether one should be baptized or not. try typing in YouTube, 'should a Christian be baptized?' and I'm sure there'll be lots of videos answering the question. hope this helps😊
A level RPP
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
best places to get yourself points is to look at sermons and Christian articles such as gotquestions.com, they'll explain their point of view of whether one should be baptized or not. try typing in YouTube, 'should a Christian be baptized?' and I'm sure there'll be lots of videos answering the question. hope this helps😊
Ooo a different form of researching other than textbooks me likey....xxx thanks xoxo bebexo on YouTube!!!
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by A level RPP)
Ooo a different form of researching other than textbooks me likey....xxx thanks xoxo bebexo on YouTube!!!
yeah I wish I thought of that when I did GCSE RE
barror1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Moved to Philosophy, religious studies and theology study help
username1539513
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Hydri)
Hey , I’m doing gcse RS so Ill try and be able to help you

Some Christians would agree and state that in order to be a Christian you should be baptised . In Christianity , Christians believe that there is two types of baptism , infant baptism and adult baptism . Some may argue that adult baptism is essential as it helps Christians strengthen their faith and connection with God . Christians believe that they should be Christlike as well so in order to reach salvation ( which is their main goal as a Christian) they should follow Jesus’ footsteps , Jesus practiced the adult baptism and this particular significant even encourage every follower to do the same to be labelled as a Christian . This there for concludes to why some Christians would agree that baptism would define them as a Christian as Jesus has done this and it also reinforces that its welcoming you to the faith of Christianity.

(I tried haha)
Coming from a true Christian believer, there is a slight problem with your paragraph; yes, we must be Christlike but this is not achieved by water baptism, this is achieved by asking Jesus to forgive your sins and accepting Jesus into your life. Also we cannot achieve salvation ourselves, hence the belief in Jesus
Hydri
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
ooohhhh , well thanks for correcting me , i appreciate it
jonolethaby
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
How do we know what Baptism even is, there is much debate over the 'proper' way to be baptised, infant/adult, spinkle vs full immersion. There is even divide between water baptism and bapotism in the holy spirit (when people are supposed to recieve the gift of tounges etc...). Therefore, if we need baptism to define a Christian, we wouldnt be able to judge who is a Christian given the debate over what baptism should be.
How do we get saved, Faith and/or good works?, Jesus forgave people who believed in him, regardless of baptism, was the Pentinent thief baptised?. One view is that it is about what you do that makes you a Christain, rather than what practises you partake in.
Argument to believe Baptism intergral in some branches of thinking, JW believe Jesus only gained divintiy after baptism by John the Baptist.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?