cbains02
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
So I’m in year12 and i do maths, economics and psychology. I am still very unsure on what to do for uni or even if i do go uni and may just do an apprenticeship. I’m thinking about doing taster courses but any suggestions? Psychology i probably enjoy the most but it has a low salary and ofcourse i want a good balance
poobrain01
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
If you're unsure about what you want to do at a place where you're going to have to do something you've chosen to do for the next 3-4 years with a heavy weight of a potential £30000 loan you'll have to pay back as soon as you land a decent job....please be patient and think things through. You'll end up dropping out aka wasting time and money, getting bad grades aka wasting time and money and costing your self-esteem OR having a degree which will land you in a job you hate. Take a year out after you finish school if you still feel the same way and start work I'd say. Save up from that. You have the time.

Edit:
Thennnnn make a decision after a year.
Last edited by poobrain01; 5 months ago
Xarao
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Go ahead with an apprenticeship first. If you don't like it, you can always go back to university.

Whereas if you started with university and decide it's not for you, and you move over to an apprenticeship and then also decide that an apprenticeship is not for you, then you will not get funding for all university years and may be unable to complete your degree.
Last edited by Xarao; 5 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (16)
6.93%
They might tell the bully (25)
10.82%
I don't think they'd understand (39)
16.88%
It might lead to more bullying (80)
34.63%
There's nothing they could do (71)
30.74%

Watched Threads