asking someone out after rejection?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Would you ask someone out again if they say the first time 'I'm flattered but I just don't see us ever being something like that' then gives you signs that they like you after that?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
no
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Usually people look for signs when they get rejected, though a lot of the time there are no signs - a type of confirmation bias.

Unless she's told you, I would say a lot of girls usually don't tend to change their minds.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 years ago
what are these 'signs'

you could just be misinterpreting them.

but to answer your question, no don't idk how desperate you could get
Anonymous #1
Like, just being flirty and making lots of eye contact with you
(Original post by Anonymous)
what are these 'signs'

you could just be misinterpreting them.

but to answer your question, no don't idk how desperate you could get
Zarek
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Forget it, once you are rejected there is no hope and you're much better putting the effort in to someone new who Is up for it. In the off chance she she changes her mind she knows where to find you. Setting oneself up for multiple rejections is very humiliating in hindsight.
Last edited by Zarek; 3 years ago
Hopefully1
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I think it is about 95% that she'll not want to be asked out again but there are occasions when the girl reconsiders. If she is continuing to engage with you it is probably because she values your friendship. Girls really enjoy having guys that are friends.... unfortunately guys can get confused because he thinks her friendship interest means more. Don't do anything for a while. If she makes a lot of eye contact with you, touches you - like on the arm etc., laughs at your silly jokes etc. then perhaps she might be reconsidering but I would still wait a long time. Then perhaps ask a mutual friend to find out behind the scenes what she might be thinking.
In the mean time keep looking for another girl to ask out.
dancesingact
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
no do not ask her out again
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Yes, of course you can attempt to close this sale again. I can think of a few relationships that have started because 1 person pestered the other and wouldn't give up.

Closing a sale is down to raising the certainty level of the buyer to sufficient levels in 3 areas:
1 The product or service
2. The person selling it
3. The company

In this case 1 and 2 are pretty much the same. And 3 is your family and general background.
Before attempting to reclose, you need to raise the buyers certainty level in the areas that weren't sufficiently high in order to have a chance of closing.

In many sales environments it's common to average 5 attempted closes for each sale.
Having said that, most people have an adverse re-action to high pressure sales tactics. Low pressure or no pressure sales methods are the ones to go for, if at all possible - which they certainly should be in this example of you selling yourself as a romantic partner.

In order to make an ethical sale, which you should be doing for all sales, you should make sure that the product or service you are selling is the right one for the buyer. Never sell anything that isn't in the buyer's best interests. If your product or service isn't right for the buyer, refer them to someone else.

There is no fixed limit on how many attempted closes you should make before giving up. It all depends how right your product or service is (which means that this figure could be as low as 0) and whether you are able to raise the certainty level of the buyer sufficiently inbetween each attempted close

Also, this person isn't the only potential buyer out there. There are loads more buyers, some of whom may be more suited to you than this man or woman.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Respecting her choice generally works out better in your favour
Anonymous #4
Report 3 years ago
relationships that start because one person pestered the other and wouldnt give up on it rarely last and even if they do usually the person that was pestered is always trying to get out of it lowkey, speaking out of experience
username3890778
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
am i a mug
Anonymous #1
How do mutual relationships begin? One person always has to start something or am I wrong?
relationships that start because one person pestered the other and wouldnt give up on it rarely last and even if they do usually the person that was pestered is always trying to get out of it lowkey, speaking out of experience
Anonymous #5
Report 3 years ago
I wouldn't mainly because they straightforwardly said 'I'm flattered but I just don't see us ever being something like that'... The "signs" you're just seeing could be just them being nice after they rejected you. The constant eye contact doesn't mean flirtation. It could just mean that they are just looking more after you because they know they have just rejected someone. They could feel guilt and pity and asking this person out once again will just annoy them, and this could lead to complicated things.
Would you ask someone out again if they say the first time 'I'm flattered but I just don't see us ever being something like that' then gives you signs that they like you after that?
Anonymous #4
Report 3 years ago
How do mutual relationships begin? One person always has to start something or am I wrong?
starting something/ making a move and having it RECIPROCATED is different to "pestering" someone until they give in.
Anonymous #6
Report 3 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RRhhewFqyw
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads