Help in bio plz on liver tissue and benedicts test

Watch this thread
Stormragexox
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Why is the anser the opposite round i thought the liver would turn the benedicts orange ?
Stormragexox
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Name:  IMG_0355.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  70.0 KB
(Original post by Stormragexox)
Why is the anser the opposite round i thought the liver would turn the benedicts orange ?
Stormragexox
Rep:
anyone
Jasmine528
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Hi, the benedict's solution starts off blue and then turns red.
Stormragexox
Rep:
(Original post by Jasmine528)
Hi, the benedict's solution starts off blue and then turns red.
Hello XD does it gradually turn red because the glycogen is being hydrolysed by enzymes already present in the tissue
Jasmine528
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Hello XD does it gradually turn red because the glycogen is being hydrolysed by enzymes already present in the tissue
Reducing sugars (like glucose) react with copper ions (Cu2+) ions in the Benedict solution which causes them to gain electrons reducing them to brick red Cu+ ions.
abbiedaniella67
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Do you have the mark scheme?
Jasmine528
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Yes. For liver being A it states that it gave a negative test for iodine as it doesn't contain starch and phloem being B it contains sucrose/a non-reducing sugar which was hydrolysed to a reducing sugar/monosacharride.
Stormragexox
Rep:
Yes. For liver being A it states that it gave a negative test for iodine as it doesn't contain starch and phloem being B it contains sucrose/a non-reducing sugar which was hydrolysed to a reducing sugar/monosacharride.
Thx for replying why is the test for starch +ve for B does the phloem also contain starch
Jasmine528
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Thx for replying why is the test for starch +ve for B does the phloem also contain starch
Yes as plants store carbohydrates as starch.
Leah.J
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Yes as plants store carbohydrates as starch.
Hello, could you please help me in this question : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...592&highlight=
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (31)
27.68%
Take a gap year (17)
15.18%
Resit my exams (30)
26.79%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (17)
15.18%
I don't know yet (12)
10.71%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
4.46%

Watched Threads