GCSEs are coming up. Any last minute tips?

Watch
Materol
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey everyone. GCSES are very soon and I really missed out on a LOT of revision.*
What would be the best way to improve most importantly:
-German*
-English Literature
-Music (Written Exam)
-RE
I just really want to get everything at at least a 7 and my English Lit and German need a lot of work to get there.*
I just really need the revision techniques / practices I should follow and any tips for ANY specific subjects (except Maths, no need).
Hiro2468
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Same! For maths what would you recommend? I know it's practice but how should I do effective practice please?

For German (My only good GCSE so far)for writing and speaking try to use at least 1 or 2 idioms(I can send you a list of idioms if you want). Use varied sentence structure like starting with the time phrase first and using conjuctives.

Definitely use the conditional tense, modal verbs and past, present and future tense to impress the examiners.

For the future tense besides using 'werden' I also use:
-Ich plane,....zu infinitive
I plan to....
-Ich hoffe,....zu infinitive
I hope to....
-Ich habe vor,....zu infinitive
I intend to.... (I recommend this one since you're using a future tense phrase and a separable verb)

If you need any more help let me know (^_^ ) Although I suck at listening and reading.
Dinu1004
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Materol)
Hey everyone. GCSES are very soon and I really missed out on a LOT of revision.*
What would be the best way to improve most importantly:
-German*
-English Literature
-Music (Written Exam)
-RE
I just really want to get everything at at least a 7 and my English Lit and German need a lot of work to get there.*
I just really need the revision techniques / practices I should follow and any tips for ANY specific subjects (except Maths, no need).
Bro I’m pretty much in the exact same situation as you as long as you swap music with geo
I’m only good at science and maths and trash at everything else . I wanna get 9s in my science and math and somehow get a grade 7 or above for the rest because otherwise I would feel as if ive underperformed. STRESSING OUT!!!
searching123job
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
its now or never

Its crunch time

Its do or die

Wing it
Materol
Rep:
?
Thank you! If you can send them, feel free to!
When it comes to Math & Further Maths for me, I get near full marks most of the time without revision but I'd really recommend Past Papers since they will have the different questions where you can practice putting your mathematical knowledge in use. Do the paper, if there's a question you can not at all do, skip it and finish your practice paper. Then mark the questions you've done. Afterwards, go revise for the questions you weren't able to do and do them and fix any corrections. Hope that helps!

(Original post by Hiro2468)
Same! For maths what would you recommend? I know it's practice but how should I do effective practice please?

For German (My only good GCSE so far)for writing and speaking try to use at least 1 or 2 idioms(I can send you a list of idioms if you want). Use varied sentence structure like starting with the time phrase first and using conjuctives.

Definitely use the conditional tense, modal verbs and past, present and future tense to impress the examiners.

I plan to....
I hope to....
I intend to.... (I recommend this one since you're using a future tense phrase and a separable verb)

If you need any more help let me know (^_^ ) Although I suck at listening and reading.
Hiro2468
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When it comes to Math & Further Maths for me, I get near full marks most of the time without revision but I'd really recommend Past Papers since they will have the different questions where you can practice putting your mathematical knowledge in use. Do the paper, if there's a question you can not at all do, skip it and finish your practice paper. Then mark the questions you've done. Afterwards, go revise for the questions you weren't able to do and do them and fix any corrections. Hope that helps!
Thank you! (^_^ ) I gave more German advice in this thread called 'German gcse'
Icykitten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In my opinion, the best tip would be quality over quantity. Don’t cram in tonnes of revision because the likelihood is that you won’t remember much by cramming tonnes of content in all at once, take it slowly, 4 hours a day is better than 8 if you can remember what you’ve learned in those 4 hours. Good luck to you, it will all be over soon 😊
mjhmichael18
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I need revision tips for English Language GCSE AQA and I also need some revision tips for WJEC GCSE Film Studies. I could help anyone with Maths, Biology, Psychology and French if any of you need help or revision tips in any of those subjects. Thanks and Best wishes From Michael.
Materol
Rep:
?
You're gonna hate what I'm about to say xD but the best way to 'revise' English lang is to do practice reading questions and writing questions; hand them in to your teacher to mark and look at what to improve. Another way is to practice grammar / spelling. A good way is by reading books but I know there's lots of practice websites and apps etc. I personally don't need help in your subjects but a friend of mine would love advice for psychology lol. I heard it's hard! Thanks!
(Original post by mjhmichael18)
I need revision tips for English Language GCSE AQA and I also need some revision tips for WJEC GCSE Film Studies. I could help anyone with Maths, Biology, Psychology and French if any of you need help or revision tips in any of those subjects. Thanks and Best wishes From Michael.
Last edited by Materol; 1 year ago
sahmad35
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
do you know some verbs instead of
sehr
ziemlich
total
becausemost of my sentences are ich fand es sehr unterhaltam
and i wanna replace the sehr

I plan to....
I hope to....

mjhmichael18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You're gonna hate what I'm about to say xD but the best way to 'revise' English lang is to do practice reading questions and writing questions; hand them in to your teacher to mark and look at what to improve. Another way is to practice grammar / spelling. A good way is by reading books but I know there's lots of practice websites and apps etc. I personally don't need help in your subjects but a friend of mine would love advice for psychology lol. I heard it's hard! Thanks!
Can you ask your friend to comment on this thread or other wise can you give me her contact details so I can help her in Psychology.
Materol
Rep:
?
Nah don't worry about it. I was just asking in case it was specific subject tips etc. Thanks anyways!
(Original post by mjhmichael18)
Can you ask your friend to comment on this thread or other wise can you give me her contact details so I can help her in Psychology.
Peaches267
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
here are some but you can find more if you search up 'German intensifiers'

unheimlich
wirklich
unglaublich
stark
äußerste

hope these help x
(Original post by sahmad35)
do you know some verbs instead of
sehr
ziemlich
total
becausemost of my sentences are ich fand es sehr unterhaltam
and i wanna replace the sehr
sahmad35
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you!
(Original post by peaches267)
here are some but you can find more if you search up 'german intensifiers'

unheimlich
wirklich
unglaublich
stark
äußerste

hope these help x
mjhmichael18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nah don't worry about it. I was just asking in case it was specific subject tips etc. Thanks anyways!
Buy the Psychology Revision Guide as that will help you for each topic. Do Flashcards or mind maps on each topic.
Do practice and review questions as the book I have also helps with that. Which topic does she struggle with the most? If you know?
Hiro2468
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Name:  15564903361467096021799700241503.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  187.0 KBName:  15564903746567316344449992648145.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  164.1 KB You could use any idioms here that are easy to remember. My favourite is 'Das ist Banane'
Materol
Rep:
?
Wow, sweet! If possible, could you send me a digital file of that second picture, would love ya xD. But if not, I'll put it into a file myself (eventually uuh). Thanks, really useful! (If you can't send it on here or anything, I can givez you my e-mail.)
Name:  15564903361467096021799700241503.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  187.0 KBName:  15564903746567316344449992648145.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  164.1 KB You could use any idioms here that are easy to remember. My favourite is 'Das ist Banane'
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Go live there... eat it, breathe it. 3 months and TV will start to make sense. 2 hrs per week... rubbish! 16 hrs per day... whoosh!
Materol
Rep:
?
I don't really get it but in Ordnung xD

(Original post by Vinny C)
Go live there... eat it, breathe it. 3 months and TV will start to make sense. 2 hrs per week... rubbish! 16 hrs per day... whoosh!
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't really get it but in Ordnung xD
Is how I learned French… two weeks of getting a fish instead of a beer and everyone laughing... non, non. On dit cela! Make it fun.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (403)
56.36%
I don't have everything I need (312)
43.64%

Watched Threads