The Student Room Group

Queen Mary or Royal Holloway for Clinical Psychology MSc

Which one the best for an international student aspects of reputation and future career???
Original post by psychologicalco
Which one the best for an international student aspects of reputation and future career???

Hi psychologicalco,

I am an international student currently studying Applied Social Psychology MSc at Royal Holloway and I have been consistently impressed with the was the this school takes care of its international students. From an early orientation that explained some unique aspects of British culture to events designed to make us feel more at home, Royal Holloway always makes sure that you feel supported. That support extends to future career opportunities, in the form of the Career Services Office, which offers CV workshops and conducts job fairs to help students make connections in the “real world”. Specifically, the Clinical Psychology module has a course option that includes a clinical placement, which allows students to work in the field and gain valuable experience in the realm of mental health.

Hopefully that is helpful, but feel free to ask me any further questions if you have them on our website here.

Paige :smile:
The most doubt for me is the rank of Royal Holloway. 3 years ago Royal Holloway had high reputation,such as around 100. in timeshigher while now its rank is 251-300. Why this dropped happened I dont understand. I have been accepted by Edinburgh and Queen Mary so why I should choose Royal Holloway. In the future what will be the rank of royal holloway according to estimations???
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hi psychologicalco,

I am an international student currently studying Applied Social Psychology MSc at Royal Holloway and I have been consistently impressed with the was the this school takes care of its international students. From an early orientation that explained some unique aspects of British culture to events designed to make us feel more at home, Royal Holloway always makes sure that you feel supported. That support extends to future career opportunities, in the form of the Career Services Office, which offers CV workshops and conducts job fairs to help students make connections in the “real world”. Specifically, the Clinical Psychology module has a course option that includes a clinical placement, which allows students to work in the field and gain valuable experience in the realm of mental health.

Hopefully that is helpful, but feel free to ask me any further questions if you have them on our website here.

Paige :smile:
Original post by psychologicalco
The most doubt for me is the rank of Royal Holloway. 3 years ago Royal Holloway had high reputation,such as around 100. in timeshigher while now its rank is 251-300. Why this dropped happened I dont understand. I have been accepted by Edinburgh and Queen Mary so why I should choose Royal Holloway. In the future what will be the rank of royal holloway according to estimations???

Hi psychologicalco,

Looking at our Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014, Royal Holloway was ranked within the top 25% of universities in the UK for research rated 'world-leading' or 'internationally excellent' with the Department of Psychology ranking as the 6th in the UK for world leading research and for high quality research output. Additionally, the Department of Psychology is a top 25 UK Psychology department according to the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide, 2019.

We offer state-of-the-art facilities on campus from our Emily Wilding Davison building, which is home to our library, Student Services Centre and Careers and Employability Services through to our a dedicated 'baby lab' for studying the development of young infants in the Department of Psychology. The department also has an MRI scanner, an apparatus to stimulate areas in the brain (TMS), instruments for recording electrical changes in the brain (EEG), eye-tracking, body movement tracking and a sleep lab for investigating brain activity during sleep.

Susana :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest