Gynocomastia NHS

Watch this thread
It's****ingWOODY
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Gynocomastia is the development of breast tissue, so whether or not you get help shouldn't be affected by being up or down a point in the BMI scale.
Dream chest
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
Gynocomastia is the development of breast tissue, so whether or not you get help shouldn't be affected by being up or down a point in the BMI scale.
The thing is the nhs have certain criteria that you have to meet (bmi) and mine is slightly over but it was not all these months
It's****ingWOODY
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dream chest)
The thing is the nhs have certain criteria that you have to meet (bmi) and mine is slightly over but it was not all these months
It's mostly just a guideline so they can see who's clearly too overweight, someone who's just a smidge out of the range should be okay.
Dream chest
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
It's mostly just a guideline so they can see who's clearly too overweight, someone who's just a smidge out of the range should be okay.
Okay thanks i really hope soo
Apachecow
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
It shouldn't be treated on the NHS period. Especially in the fatties.

Go on a diet, go to the gym.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
from NHS website :

Breast reduction surgery is an option for men with this condition. It may also be used to tighten the breast area after dramatic weight loss that has caused the skin to sag.

However, it is not suitable for men whose large breasts are simply excess fat from being overweight.

Normally, you'll need to pay for breast reduction surgery privately. But the NHS may provide this for you if you've had gynecomastia for a long time, it has not responded to other treatments, and it's causing you a lot of distress or pain.

How much does it cost to have privately?
In the UK, breast reduction surgery for men costs £3,500-£5,500, plus the cost of any consultations or follow-up care that may not be included in the price.

Where do I go?

If you're looking in England, check the Care Quality Commission (CQC) website for providers that can perform breast reductions for men.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (143)
42.18%
Not yet, but I will soon (61)
17.99%
No (135)
39.82%

Watched Threads