Attractiveness between ethnicities

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So i’m an Indian guy and I have been trying to make myself look more attractive. But I feel there is a difference in taste between ethnicity. So a guy that Indian girls find attract, White girls down. Also for example for Black guys, there seems to be some black guys who black girls fall over heel for and other ethnicities don’t find them attractive at all.

Does anyone else find any merit in this or have I got it all wrong?
Levi23317
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yh thats generally the case, since if who you grow up around is a certain ethnicity, you'll find them nore attractive then others generaly speaking.
NickAlex12
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
People tend to be more attracted to their own ethnicity, largely because they tend to be more familiar with them, but obviously in very cosmopolitan places you will find more mixed race relationships and people would be more open to considering other ethnicities than their own.
Every ethnicity has its characteristics, such as Chinese people having slanted eyes, which their own group might find attractive but others might find unfamiliar or unattractive. Indians obviously have their characteristics too, and so do Europeans.
Personally I don’t really find non-Europeans attractive apart from mixed race people, although it depends.
Last edited by NickAlex12; 1 year ago
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Different people have different dating preferences, often attraction can be difficult to rationalize.
Some dating preferences are connected to personal tastes in things like height, weight, hobbies or educational/professional background.
Others can be linked to cultural background aspects like nationality, religion or family tradition.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Im an indian girl but I like this boy and he's Pakistani he's muslim im hindu I still like him nothings going to stop us from liking each other
radiatorman
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Indians and Pakistanis have similar looks. Religion has nothing to do with this. What a pointless comment
(Original post by Anonymous)
Im an indian girl but I like this boy and he's Pakistani he's muslim im hindu I still like him nothings going to stop us from liking each other
Themysticalegg
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Each person has a different opinion, I'm Chinese ethnicity but I do find most ethnicities to be attractive. I've actually dated quite a variety of people of different ethnicities because for me I find other characteristics of a person more important with the top one of note being personality and I find career aims somewhat important too. For example I once dated a girl who I got along well with but our career aims were so different and where we saw ourselves in five years time were completely different and we broke it off because there was no future there.
username2657095
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think that’s generally pretty true, but it varies from individual to individual. I’m Indian too but I’m open to dating someone from any ethnicity, I don’t really have any preferences. I think you’d be missing out if you closed yourself off from opportunities. However, some people may stick to dating people of their own ethnicity to avoid any cultural clashes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.81%
I'm not sure (32)
4.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (215)
31.25%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.33%
I'm not a current university student (330)
47.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed