The Student Room Group

I have done an access course last year but failed can I repeat?

I failed due to Ill health but am looking to complete a different access course at a different university. The tech stated on the course listings that you but not have completed an access course before to complete and cannot have attend education in the past 2 years. I have done both of these things and am wondering if there I even any point in me applying, if I should explain to them my situation of tell a little white lie. Any advice?
Reply 1
No idea.

You should be paying back your access course you dropped out of.
If your not that means you are probably aged between 19 to 23 so you got given a fee waiver.

I have no idea if you will be given a fee waiver again or the learner loan if you apply for another access course.

I'm just guessing all this as I don't know your age.
I doubt you could, as adam said, you wouldn't be allowed to take out another advanced learner loan and would have to self-fund.
Maybe you could look at foundation courses at uni? Student finance covers 4 years, and would be able to cover your foundation year and a 3 year degree.
Reply 3
Original post by jamiejay
I doubt you could, as adam said, you wouldn't be allowed to take out another advanced learner loan and would have to self-fund.
Maybe you could look at foundation courses at uni? Student finance covers 4 years, and would be able to cover your foundation year and a 3 year degree.

That's not exactly what I meant.
if aged between 19 to 23 you get an access course for free without having to take out a learner loan assuming you have never had a level 3 qualification before.

So if you got the fee waiver due to your age you might be able to apply again but this time you will be liable for the course fee if you drop out.

But if your still under 23 then I don't know...
Lol its complicated.
Original post by Gxhszgg
I failed due to Ill health but am looking to complete a different access course at a different university. The tech stated on the course listings that you but not have completed an access course before to complete and cannot have attend education in the past 2 years. I have done both of these things and am wondering if there I even any point in me applying, if I should explain to them my situation of tell a little white lie. Any advice?

I would contact advanced learner loans.
Do not tell a lie because you will be on the system and that is fraud.
There may be a way to overlook your previous usage of finance due to compelling personal reasons as long as you have proof i.e GPs letter.
Even if you had to take out a loan, then if you complete a degree it will get written off.
You can normally only have one ALL for Access

https://www.gov.uk/contact-student-finance-england

You can also try posting on the TSR sub forum for SFE.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending