Sussex and brighton university Watch

inaas02
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

i am planning to travel from london (east croydon) to sussex university everyday. has anyone ever done this? if so, how? its really expensive to get into london (£20) so i really need advise. im struggling to move into accommodation becuase my paents wont let me! what should i do?
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by inaas02)
Hi,

i am planning to travel from london (east croydon) to sussex university everyday. has anyone ever done this? if so, how? its really expensive to get into london (£20) so i really need advise. im struggling to move into accommodation becuase my paents wont let me! what should i do?
People can commute down from East Croydon to Sussex Uni - I've seen it before

It takes around 45 minutes to get a direct train to Brighton station, and there you change and get a train to Falmer, where Sussex Uni is, and that takes about 10 minutes. So a bit of a commute, but if you want to got to uni and it's the only way you can do it - it's not too bad!

I'd look into a season ticket to do this; you can get a monthly one that should be cheaper than buying tickets each time. Check on National Rail for the rough prices, or ask at your local ticket station.

It may be worth talking to your parents again if moving into halls is what you want to do, as commuting can be expensive (though not as much as halls, obviously!) Potentially show them around the halls on an open day and speak to staff at the housing office about any concerns. This may help quell their worries if it's what you really want. Always worth a shot.

I hope this helps
neuronal
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by inaas02)
Hi,

Lmao if your parents aren't letting you move into accommodation, make them pay for your travelling costs. It's only fair.
inaas02
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
thank you very much!
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)
People can commute down from East Croydon to Sussex Uni - I've seen it before

It takes around 45 minutes to get a direct train to Brighton station, and there you change and get a train to Falmer, where Sussex Uni is, and that takes about 10 minutes. So a bit of a commute, but if you want to got to uni and it's the only way you can do it - it's not too bad!

I'd look into a season ticket to do this; you can get a monthly one that should be cheaper than buying tickets each time. Check on National Rail for the rough prices, or ask at your local ticket station.

It may be worth talking to your parents again if moving into halls is what you want to do, as commuting can be expensive (though not as much as halls, obviously!) Potentially show them around the halls on an open day and speak to staff at the housing office about any concerns. This may help quell their worries if it's what you really want. Always worth a shot.

I hope this helps
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
I’ve been driving from dartford to Brighton this year and the drive has been about an hour and 15 mins for me either way (long I know) but a good 30-40 mins of my journey is to get to the m23 so it’d be a pretty easy drive for you - but tbh I’d try and get halls for the first year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (236)
71.73%
Jeremy Hunt (93)
28.27%

Watched Threads