Architecture Part 2 - Machester (MSA) or London Met (The Cass)? Watch

o_Osborne
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
I am a Part 2 (Postgraduate) Architecture applicant. I've applied to a few places, and so far I've only got two offers Manchester School of Architecture (MSA) and London Metropolitan (The Cass). I know that MSA is one of the best schools for architecture according to the League tables, and the Cass is opposite (Although it's great for art for some reason). Anyway. I like REAL architecture, not conceptual, not philosophical... I like real buildings with a sense of space. Therefore places like UCL weren't even on the spectrum. I've applied to Bath (it's great for 'real' architecture) but I got rejected. At the Cass, I could be taught by great architects David Grandorge, Stephen Taylor, James Binning, Tony Fretton or Alex Ely. But when I look at the MSA website most of the tutors are ... 'nobody in terms of real great buildings', and most 'ateliers' are very conceptual. So I have no idea what to do. Did anyone study architecture at either place? What do you think of them?

Thanx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (335)
15.65%
The paper was reasonable (1168)
54.55%
Not feeling great about that exam... (462)
21.58%
It was TERRIBLE (176)
8.22%

Watched Threads