seelawperson
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hey guys! I've got offers for durham and warwick for law but i cant seem to make up my mind on which to firm - same entry requirements and these are my only 2 offers. I plan to go to whichever is more prestigious, but the rankings seem to differ on various sites which makes me extremely confused. I am an international student so global rankings are pretty important too. Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Laurmayy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hiya I also applied to Warwick for law and firmed it ! So I will hopefully be attending in October ! Warwick is a really good university. I’m from the UK and it’s one of the top ones here for law ! I’m not too sure on info about Durham, hope this helps !
seelawperson
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hey ahh thats nice! did you go for the open day? and may i know what other offers you got? thanks
(Original post by Laurmayy)
Hiya I also applied to Warwick for law and firmed it ! So I will hopefully be attending in October ! Warwick is a really good university. I’m from the UK and it’s one of the top ones here for law ! I’m not too sure on info about Durham, hope this helps !
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by seelawperson)
hey guys! I've got offers for durham and warwick for law but i cant seem to make up my mind on which to firm - same entry requirements and these are my only 2 offers. I plan to go to whichever is more prestigious, but the rankings seem to differ on various sites which makes me extremely confused. I am an international student so global rankings are pretty important too. Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated.
They're both fantastic universities. If I were you, I'd base my decision around the location/campus/modules/prices etc
Arisapo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In terms of prestige, it doesn’t matter which one you go to because there’s much of a likeness. No employer is going to care if you went to Warwick or Durham or vice versa.

Don’t look too much into rankings as when the difference is that small, it doesn’t really matter.

It’s a personal preference thing: would you rather live up North in a quaint, tiny city but it does have the college system which may appeal, or would you rather live on a campus in the Midlands, albeit very isolated?

They’re completely different experiences (campus v city, location, experience etc) so you must have an idea of which appeals more? Don’t get too caught up in rankings.
ChemistryGuy1998
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Durham for reputation, far more targeted.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (388)
56.64%
I don't have everything I need (297)
43.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed