Uni choices for law Watch

anassiddiqui1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hey guys. I’m from Dubai and have applied for lawin the UK. I’m not too sure where I’d like to practise though(considering all countries). So I’ve gotten 5 conditional offers: Uni of Edinburgh (ABB) Scots Law 4 years, Uni of Aberdeen (ABB) Common Law 4 years, Uni of Cardiff (AAB) Common Law 3 years, Uni of Liverpool (ABB) Common Law with a minor in English (the degree is Law) 3 years, Uni of Leicester (ABB) but (BBB) if I make them my firm, Common Law 3 years. I’m currently sitting for my A2 exams. I’ve a B in AS Chem, C in AS Bio and Math I’m giving all together. My question is which one of these should I make my firm and insurance?
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Even though it's Scots' law, I'd highly recommend Edinburgh. It's a very prestigious university and its law course is excellent. I'm a little biased as I studied there myself (but now Law).

Of course, if you did Law at Edinburgh you wouldn't learn English law but if you wanted to learn English law, I'd recommend Leicester. I'd do: Edinburgh (firm) and insurance either Aberdeen or Leicester.
anassiddiqui1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
But what if I say I plan on moving to either Canada or Australia after my course?
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by anassiddiqui1)
But what if I say I plan on moving to either Canada or Australia after my course?
What if I ask you: why do you want to study Law in Scotland/England if you're planning on moving to either Canada or Australia after your course? Why did you apply to those courses?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are cats selfish