The Student Room Group

which university to choose if i got call from...

i have list of universities where I applied in course of MSc Robotics or related field..

1) Uni. of Bath
2) Uni. of Bristol
3) heriot-watt
4) uni of sussex
5) uni. of essex
6) Hertfordshire
7) Cranfield

or any suggestions which other uni. i should consider?
(edited 4 years ago)
For Robotics Bristol and UWE should be at the top of your list as they both host the Bristol Robotics Lab which is one of the premier Robotics research groups in the world.

I'd add in Sheffield too as their Robotics degree is provided by their ACSE department which is another world leading department.

Pretty sure Imperial offers it too and they also have a very good reputation for it.
Reply 2
a a
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Helloworld_95
For Robotics Bristol and UWE should be at the top of your list as they both host the Bristol Robotics Lab which is one of the premier Robotics research groups in the world.

I'd add in Sheffield too as their Robotics degree is provided by their ACSE department which is another world leading department.

Pretty sure Imperial offers it too and they also have a very good reputation for it.

thank you for precious info..
can you please guide me in terms of placements opportunity?
which uni I should go for?
Original post by 1at7
i have list of universities where I applied in course of MSc Robotics or related field..

1) Uni. of Bath
2) Uni. of Bristol
3) heriot-watt
4) uni of sussex
5) uni. of essex
6) Hertfordshire
7) Cranfield

or any suggestions which other uni. i should consider?

Not too sure about other universities, but as a Cranfield university is mentioned in the lot, I would like to use this opportunity to give you a brief on what to expect enrolling in an Msc. Robotics at Cranfield University. Msc. Robotics in Cranfield university is ranked 27th in the world!, tells what is in to offer!, The programme comprises of 40 % taught modules, 20 % Group project, 40 % individual research project. As Cranfield University is an industry-oriented uni, this programme will improve the employment prospects of students by providing them with relevant theoretical knowledge and practical skills to become robotics engineers and experts in robotics, to meet the rising global demands. We uniquely focus on human aspects with practical applications. We have adequate facilities used by our affiliate companies for practical application. Our affiliate companies include Rolls-Royce, ABB Robotics, Airbus, Boeing, Ford, Innovate the UK, and a few.
This programme is directed by an industrial advisory panel providing the right state of the art knowledge and hands-on skills necessary for the prospective labour force. Accreditation for the MSc in Robotics is sought from the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) and the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET). Furthermore, our fees standing at a staggering £10,250 ( home students) and £20,500 (oversees) competitive to the universities listed above
For detailed info on the programme modules and a general overview of the programme/funding opportunity;
https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/courses/taught/robotics?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=%2Brobotics%20%2Bmsc&creativeid=324014046464&utm_campaign=nn-2019-january-aerospace&campaign_id=1673044698&gclid=Cj0KCQjwh6XmBRDRARIsAKNInDE9sDYje712OKtP4biBros_7LkQPYkq2ZQwCkdr6fHzkixDrJFoMmwaAttjEALw_wcB

I hope this helps all the best in your next steps.

Cheers,
Akan-PhD student at Cranfield University
Cranfield University TSR Rep.
Original post by 1at7
thank you for precious info..
can you please guide me in terms of placements opportunity?
which uni I should go for?

I think Sheffield has ACSE MSc with a year in industry, not Robotics but that's the only way you'll be able to do a placement with a MSc in the UK I think. Though there might be similar courses at other universities.
Don't just think about the course, think about whether you want to be in a big city/ on a campus university etc. as well
Reply 7
i just wants to be in good university where i can learn and get good job after it.. within budget...
Hi can I know which university you chose?
Original post by warrier_Jay
Hi can I know which university you chose?

@1at7 has not posted since 2019 so you may be better starting your own thread.
Original post by Admit-One
@1at7 has not posted since 2019 so you may be better starting your own thread.

Hi...I am struggling to choose between Bristol,Sheffield,Bath,Birmingham,Glasgow for robotics/autonomous systems..mostly on internship and practical experience aspects. Which would you suggest? Any help is highly appreciated..Btw I am an international student.
Original post by warrier_Jay
Hi...I am struggling to choose between Bristol,Sheffield,Bath,Birmingham,Glasgow for robotics/autonomous systems..mostly on internship and practical experience aspects. Which would you suggest? Any help is highly appreciated..Btw I am an international student.

Not a question I can answer I’m afraid. I’d recommend that you start a new thread under Applications, Clearing & UCAS as that forum gets the most traffic.

Quick Reply

Latest