The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I understand what you mean when you say acceleration is -0.05 but by putting a minus sign it shows that it's a deceleration which is what he says. The calculation gives the acceleration but by putting a minus sign it means it's decelerating
Original post by zackforest
1E7BE221-0EAB-4B32-BDAC-61CD5547EE62.jpeg

We use negative numbers to show deceleration IF we are working out acceleration,
We were working out deceleration in the question!

As shown in the photo above:
acceleration is -0.05m/s^2 SO
deceleration is 0.05m/s^2
Reply 181
What was the answer for the forces of the plane (air resistance, thrust lift and weight?
Also, the gradient of the line is negative
Original post by djbello
I understand what you mean when you say acceleration is -0.05 but by putting a minus sign it shows that it's a deceleration which is what he says. The calculation gives the acceleration but by putting a minus sign it means it's decelerating

Yeah but you have to adapt that to the question, for example F = K x E, Extension can also be changed to calculate Compression in the same way. And because the question asked for “deceleration” Acceleration in the formula has to be treated as deceleration.
Here:
88402F59-AFAF-438C-A596-AD63646FDC1F.jpeg
Original post by hhj_
This is exciting! Btw for amplitude, how's it 5.5 ,not 11? I mean i know that amplitude is the point from the undisturbed position of the wave to the peak of the wave. So what i did was cuz the table says the plastic duck's maximum height and minimum height was measured, then i thought that the maximum height was the wave peak and the minimum height was the undisturbed position of the wave. -_-"
Here:
88402F59-AFAF-438C-A596-AD63646FDC1F.jpeg

Yeah your right, how many marks do you think i’ll lose from that question? I forgot to divide by 2.
Original post by djbello

Yeah but the answer box specifically said

deceleration = _____m/s^2’

So you were meant to write 0.2
Deceleration means ‘decrease in acceleration’
therefore you were meant to write 0.2, as the answer box is asking for the decrease in acceleration.

The decrease in acceleration aka deceleration therefore must be 0.2m/s^2
(edited 4 years ago)
I think you’ll probably lose just 1, maybe 2 if the mark schemes harsh
Original post by jjxshuaa
Yeah your right, how many marks do you think i’ll lose from that question? I forgot to divide by 2.
Original post by jjxshuaa
Anyone else get these maths answers?

7s
0.2m/s^2
140 N/m
300,000kg
60kg
4A

Yea, I got every one of those
I think you’ll probably lose just 1, maybe 2 if the mark schemes harsh

Yeah, fairs. Thanks mate.
Down according to Flemings left hand rule
Original post by djbello
What direction was the arrow facing, I said right but I'm pretty sure thats wrong
what did people say about the rubber duck movement about transverse wave? i put because it is going up and down? Also, for the question about the reverse of the motor? i put switch side magnet is on and turn the side the battery is on?
Original post by Lewis bigman
Can someone predict the grade boundaries for a 9-9
i said because it’s going in a perpendicular motion in relation to the direction of the wave
Original post by manny on the map
what did people say about the rubber duck movement about transverse wave? i put because it is going up and down? Also, for the question about the reverse of the motor? i put switch side magnet is on and turn the side the battery is on?
Reply 194
Yeah that's also correct. I also put the rubber duck movement is in the same position at right angles to the direction of the wave motion. For the reverse of the motor, i put 1.change the direction of the current flowing through the coil, and 2.swap the magnets to>>swap poles (N and S), so >>direction of force pushing the wire changes (fleming left hand rule).
Original post by manny on the map
what did people put about the bluetooth B? I put low power meaning less energy is wasted. Also, the range is cosiderably high, so easy to connect?
Thank You so much. So happy I got this right. 🙌🏻
Basically:

Weight = Mass x Gravity
Weight / Gravity = Mass
0.49N / 9.8 N/kG = 0.05 kG
0.05kG x 1200 springs = 60kG

Therefore the mans mass is 60kg
Original post by lxkah
got all of these apart from 2nd I got 0.212, 1.4x10^-4 for the 140n/m and 2.1m for the mass of aeroplane, 140n/m sounds about right but I think we both got the plane wrong and im pretty sure the 2nd one was 0.212 did you do change in velocity / time

no
what did yall put for the last question?
Violet has a short wavelength so it it has a high refraction and bends towards the normal, when I answered the question I didn't use the graph, did anyone else use the graph
Original post by sqrt of 5
what did yall put for the last question?

Latest

Trending

Trending