The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got 48000
Original post by Bugza
Did anyone get 4800 for the quadrat maths question? I think it’s wrong ahh
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Plane350
I got the same. 🙂 It was to two significant figures though wasn’t it?

It was in standard form
I said basically. Children who have eaten will be able to convert fats into glucose, those who have not will not. Those who have not eaten cannot use glycagon. Lowers their basal matabolic rate and doesn’t allow liver to function properly.
:/
Original post by birdnerd
That was a really nice paper. Although the last 6 marker confused me a bit and I did not have time to write a complete answer. I basically wrote

Children who have already eaten during the day, have already produced sufficient reserves of glycogen in their bodies. This means they have a store of fat which can be used if needed. Therefore, by eating the lychees along with other foods, their bodies are not damaged.

How many marks do you think that would geg?
Original post by DiamondDia
I was so happy for that homeostasis question omg, btw did anyone put insulin for that question under the homeostasis one?

I think I wrote glucagon, bc the question was about what is produced when blood sugar levels are too low (i think). I think glucagon turns glycogen back into glucose.
4.8x10^4
Reply 45
Original post by DiamondDia
Omg yes I got that, thank god, when I came out of the exam all my friends said they did standard form and I don’t understand how though? But I got 4800 to 2 sig fig

Yeah I didn’t read the question properly rip.. we prob will get method marks though?
did anyone else put for the multiple choices

Vectors insert genes
Vectors are plasmids or bacteria

To repeat the quadrats
And to do random
Agreed. My ass got 48 and everyone out here getting 480000. I didn’t even convert 😭😭
Lmao @ everyone debating standard form, when I didn't even put my answer in standard form because i dIDnT rEaD tHe qUeStiOn pRoPeRly 😎
I chose do more than one quadrat ?

Original post by Georgiax71x

Vectors insert genes

To repeat the quadrats
And to do random

Vectors insert genes

To repeat the quadrats
And to do random

Yup
Original post by megancaitlinsm
I got 48000

You had to put it into standard form so 4.8x10^4
Did anyone else get 4.6x10^4 instead of 4.8???
I put the palm cockatoo as behavior, hornet at structure and spider as functional altho i have a feeling the last two should be the other way round.

All the other questions in that section were AMAZING tho. The orchid questions were so nice also interesting.
for diabetes i put person A had type 2 diabetes and person B had type 1 diabetes. Anyone got the same?
Omg yes I got that, thank god, when I came out of the exam all my friends said they did standard form and I don’t understand how though? But I got 4800 to 2 sig fig
Original post by Bugza
Did anyone get 4800 for the quadrat maths question? I think it’s wrong ahh

N
What did people put for the 4 marker about the pale/yellow plants??!?! I did adaptation variation survival reproduction.

What way around did people but the diabetes
I said type 2 then type 1. Regretting now..
For the 5 marker on daisies you had to convert the 50cmx50cm=2500cm to metres cos the trapezium was in metres so it would be 2.5m
I did
Original post by hodagcse
for diabetes i put person A had type 2 diabetes and person B had type 1 diabetes. Anyone got the same?
For the diabetes question, the one that produced only 20 units of insulin had type 1 bc they produced very little. The one that produced loads had type 2 because they produced more than enough but their body didn't respond to it.
Overall really good. I did run out of time tho, so only answered half of the final 6 mark question, and missed out a 3 marker at the start. But apart from that confident with my answers. I hope everyone feels the same way too 🐦

Btw was the one about the population of daisies in the field, was it meant to be in standard form? Oops if it was...

I thought it was to 2 significant figures...?
Same but i wrote it as 4.8x10^5
Original post by Jackg1878
I got 480,000 to 3 sig fig not sure though 😕

Latest

Trending

Trending