Long distance relationship crying

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Ok so this is my first long distance. I met him in our country in December and we’ve been together ever since so about 5 months now. I went to visit him in Canada as I live in Europe. Isit normal that I’ve been crying the whole flight and I just want to go home and cry all day? Really miss him. We spent a month together in his house. When I started crying in which I didn’t want to his eyes started to become red and teary however I can tell that he was holding it in.

Am I crazy for crying ?
chooseanother
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
You’re not crazy for crying, you miss him and that’s natural. It’s okay to cry it out if it makes you feel better! Long distance isn’t easy, but hopefully the two of you will get to spend more time together soon
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ok so this is my first long distance. I met him in our country in December and we’ve been together ever since so about 5 months now. I went to visit him in Canada as I live in Europe. Isit normal that I’ve been crying the whole flight and I just want to go home and cry all day? Really miss him. We spent a month together in his house. When I started crying in which I didn’t want to his eyes started to become red and teary however I can tell that he was holding it in.

Am I crazy for crying ?
Nope, you aren't crazy. I do this every time I have to leave my boyfriend. I cry when we get to the airport, and it's proper ugly crying. Once I snorted because I was crying and not breathing. And we will just spend 5 minutes hugging, with me burying my face in him and making his shirt all wet. And I'll still be crying when I go through security and I'll get a bunch of weird looks, and then I'll still be crying when I'm waiting at the gate. Last time, people were concerned that I was really scared of flying because I was crying so much. And then I'll cry for an hour or so into the flight too. I only stop because I physically can't cry any more. It takes a couple of weeks to get back to normal and the routine of long-distance again. I totally understand how you feel. If you ever want someone to talk to about it, my inbox is always open. I'm in the UK and my partner is in the US.
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Am I crazy for crying ?
There is nothing crazy about being so fond of someone that you start crying. Now you need to be solution focussed- how are you going to keep in touch until you meet up again? Sounds like you need to Skype or video call him occasionally.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (159)
15.71%
Uncertainty around my education (164)
16.21%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (96)
9.49%
Isolating with family (70)
6.92%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (37)
3.66%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (89)
8.79%
Loneliness (100)
9.88%
Financial worries (45)
4.45%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (92)
9.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (71)
7.02%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (89)
8.79%

Watched Threads