Rizen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Is doing the following enough revision per day if I am aiming for a 7/8 In maths

3 Maths Genie topics, all questions (3 hours)
1 past exam paper (1.5 hours)
reading through flashcards(15 minutes)
Last edited by Rizen; 10 months ago
lostplot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Specifically for Maths?

(Original post by Rizen)
Is doing the following enough revision per day if I am aiming for a 8/9?

Reth Sogen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
no
Reth Sogen
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
yes
Rizen
Rep:
?
Yes, if not what else should i do?
(Original post by lostplot)
Specifically for Maths?
Rizen
Rep:
?
What else should I be doing? and how many more hours? I already do about 5 a day
(Original post by Reth Sogen)
no
Reth Sogen
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
much more
Rizen
Rep:
?
How much more?
(Original post by Reth Sogen)
much more
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Rizen)
Is doing the following enough revision per day if I am aiming for a 7/8?

Qaulity > Quantity. If you feel that your current strategy is working effectively, and you're seeing a boost in grade then by all means its enough. However, you could probably push yourself more and focus more on exam style questions, and doing past papers repeatedly.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
You do 5 hours a day just on maths? What about your other subjects? Or are you just resitting maths this year or something? I'd say that was far, far too much to be dedicating on one subject. But if you're happy with that - and you're not neglecting other subjects - that's all that matters.

Nobody can tell you how much revision is enough. Some people will get a 9 with no revision, while others will get a 4 or lower with 10 hours a day. We don't know which you are (though you're probably somewhere in the middle!)
Reth Sogen
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
fROM DUSK TO DAWN
Rizen
Rep:
?
I do about 1 hour a day on my other subjects but I only need a pass in them, for college I need a 7 in maths, and I was getting 4s in my mocks with no revision, I can understand level 9 questions easily but I just forget how to answer them when it come to exams. Do you think 5 hours is overdoing it?
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
You do 5 hours a day just on maths? What about your other subjects? Or are you just resitting maths this year or something? I'd say that was far, far too much to be dedicating on one subject. But if you're happy with that - and you're not neglecting other subjects - that's all that matters.

Nobody can tell you how much revision is enough. Some people will get a 9 with no revision, while others will get a 4 or lower with 10 hours a day. We don't know which you are (though you're probably somewhere in the middle!)
Rizen
Rep:
?
How would i go about focusing more on exam style question and past papers? I do 1 past paper and around 40-50 (3 Topics) Exam styled questions a day.
(Original post by kkboyk)
Qaulity > Quantity. If you feel that your current strategy is working effectively, and you're seeing a boost in grade then by all means its enough. However, you could probably push yourself more and focus more on exam style questions, and doing past papers repeatedly.
lostplot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I feel like people are messing with you here. The best tip i can give you is past papers. Purely work through past paper after another. I remember half my paper was recycled questions. You use the same method. Do past papers and you will start to notice repetitive questions. When you mark them note what you got wrong and revise those topics. Past papers. past papers. past papers. I would say about 3 in a day should be fine. You seem to be doing a lot of revision
(Original post by Rizen)
Yes, if not what else should i do?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (133)
29.95%
No (311)
70.05%

Watched Threads