Kraggor
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Kim~Shawn Mendes)
hey guys a little update heres what i have been working on

Listen track

Like everyone else it seems, will be listening once I get home from work What a great surprise to come home to
Kim~Shawn Mendes
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
ok sure ill be waiting to see whever u like it
(Original post by Kraggor)
Like everyone else it seems, will be listening once I get home from work What a great surprise to come home to
Kim~Shawn Mendes
Rep:
?
i won't be on at 4 but heres a reminder
(Original post by Obolinda)
please poke me after school(around 4pm) to remind me to listen to this?
Camryn0903
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
It is okay... but I'm going to be completely truthful... I NEVER intend to hurt peoples feelings only to give them constructive criticism so that it what I am going to do.

Honestly, your vocals need a lot of work. There is quite obviously potential but that won't mean anything unless it is acted upon.

1) You need to stop creaking your voice as you go into notes. It doesn't suit your voice
2) Work on arpeggios... so listen to a piano arpeggio (look it up) and I suggest you start with A to F which is just going la¹ la² la³ la⁴ la⁵ la⁶ la⁶ la⁵ la⁴ la³ la² la¹ (1 to 6 would be from F to A, then A to F). I say this because your notes are a little flat sometimes.
3) Pronouce the words, practice singing tongue twisters (for reference... look up Moses Supposes from Singin' In The Rain on YouTube... it is an old example but I KNOW that it will show you what I mean as I have studied it)
4) Practice stomach breathing. You should be using your diaphragm more than your lungs. When you breath IN, your stomach should be pushing OUT, when breathing OUT, your stomach should be retracting IN. This will aid in the quality of your notes
5) Learn piano chords or get someone else to do that for you. This is because you need to be able to hear the notes in the music and hear when you are off in vocals. I can tell you struggle with that, especially with the track you have been given as there are notes, but a lot of it isharmonies. Therefore, if you cannot sing with simple piano chords, you will not have a chance at hitting the harmonies of a more complex piece.

I want to make it clear that I am in now at trying to tell you you are shxt because you are not. But your vocals DO need a lot of work and I have had to work independently to work these things out on my own and I think it is helpful to hear from others who are also aspiring musicians.... because even though a lot of people have commented that it is great, to be perfectly honest it is not. It is GOOD but there are many imperfections and I think people just dont want to hurt you so much by saying that it isnt AMAZING... it is still a good piece and with work you have potential. I am doing this out of kindness rather than spite and I hope you appreciate it in this way also.

💕
i won't be on at 4 but heres a reminder
Kim~Shawn Mendes
Rep:
?
Yeah i know that my voice isn't brilliant and is bad but thats the part i struggle with, i will work on what u said, thanks for the feedback
(Original post by Camryn0903)
It is okay... but I'm going to be completely truthful... I NEVER intend to hurt peoples feelings only to give them constructive criticism so that it what I am going to do.

Honestly, your vocals need a lot of work. There is quite obviously potential but that won't mean anything unless it is acted upon.

1) You need to stop creaking your voice as you go into notes. It doesn't suit your voice
2) Work on arpeggios... so listen to a piano arpeggio (look it up) and I suggest you start with A to F which is just going la¹ la² la³ la⁴ la⁵ la⁶ la⁶ la⁵ la⁴ la³ la² la¹ (1 to 6 would be from F to A, then A to F). I say this because your notes are a little flat sometimes.
3) Pronouce the words, practice singing tongue twisters (for reference... look up Moses Supposes from Singin' In The Rain on YouTube... it is an old example but I KNOW that it will show you what I mean as I have studied it)
4) Practice stomach breathing. You should be using your diaphragm more than your lungs. When you breath IN, your stomach should be pushing OUT, when breathing OUT, your stomach should be retracting IN. This will aid in the quality of your notes
5) Learn piano chords or get someone else to do that for you. This is because you need to be able to hear the notes in the music and hear when you are off in vocals. I can tell you struggle with that, especially with the track you have been given as there are notes, but a lot of it isharmonies. Therefore, if you cannot sing with simple piano chords, you will not have a chance at hitting the harmonies of a more complex piece.

I want to make it clear that I am in now at trying to tell you you are shxt because you are not. But your vocals DO need a lot of work and I have had to work independently to work these things out on my own and I think it is helpful to hear from others who are also aspiring musicians.... because even though a lot of people have commented that it is great, to be perfectly honest it is not. It is GOOD but there are many imperfections and I think people just dont want to hurt you so much by saying that it isnt AMAZING... it is still a good piece and with work you have potential. I am doing this out of kindness rather than spite and I hope you appreciate it in this way also.

💕
Camryn0903
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Have you ever tried a duet?...
Yeah i know that my voice isn't brilliant and is bad but thats the part i struggle with, i will work on what u said, thanks for the feedback
Kim~Shawn Mendes
Rep:
?
no but i would properly feel more confortable doing that lol
Have you ever tried a duet?...
Camryn0903
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Where abouts do you live... like rough area in the uk
no but i would properly feel more confortable doing that lol
Kim~Shawn Mendes
Rep:
?
lol thas the point don't live in the uk
Camryn0903
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Whatsapp?.. cant atm.coz I only have it at my nans but in a couple weeks... same situ with insta and sc
Haider.alix
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
technically she is British and she is not
Camryn0903
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Haider.alix)
technically she is British and she is not
What ... who are you referring to when saying she
Haider.alix
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
not you certainly
What ... who are you referring to when saying she
Kim~Shawn Mendes
Rep:
?
no don't use that
Whatsapp?.. cant atm.coz I only have it at my nans but in a couple weeks... same situ with insta and sc
Kim~Shawn Mendes
Rep:
?
technically im a english
Camryn0903
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
As in from England.. which is in the UK??

*an english
technically im a english
Kim~Shawn Mendes
Rep:
?
i live in the channel islands which is part of english terriotory
As in from England.. which is in the UK??

*an english
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (72)
18.23%
Labour (160)
40.51%
Liberal Democrats (85)
21.52%
Green Party (29)
7.34%
Brexit Party (12)
3.04%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (6)
1.52%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.27%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)